• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Vienna library reverb = **** ?!

Vienna library reverb = **** ?!

I was using vienna horn library to record my orchestra music, my friend said that it seems recording in the bathroom and not look like a real orchestra which playing in a big concert hall, how could I deal with this ? I am using gigastudio, and the reverb effect is pretty bad, anyone have idea about this ? Thanks

Re: Vienna library reverb = **** ?!

Dear Thomas,

Have you tried using proper convultion-based (I think thats their names) reverbs?

If not. Do consider SIR. You can read about SIR on various topics here on Northern.

Isabella Rowlins

Look about it :

Free SIR Plugin

Free top 20 M3000 Impulses (PC)

So, you can have a far (percussions, etc) a middle (french horns, etc) and a close reverb auxiliary (violin, etc).

Mathieu Laprise
    Sonomax inc.

Some bathroom! I wish mine sounded like that.

Maybe his workstation/monitoring is located in a bathroom? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I have never used SIR. I have no idea how SIR would compare to Samplitude/Sequoia Room Simulator.

Strange, although I never really use it, acceptable results can be achieved with the Giga reverb which don\'t sound like a bathroom at all.
    Are you sure that you familiarized yourself the this reverb? There\'s certainly 1 or 2 presets that should be more or less adequate in producing a hall of some kind. Here\'s a tip: don\'t mess with the preset\'s parameters.

Alex Cremers

hold on now, how could I reroute gigastudio sound to vst effect?

SIR, as far as I can tell, is much superior to GS nfx verb. Since I only record sampled piano--no other instruments--I find the cleanest route is to create a wav file using GS\'s utility (all digital, 0 noise) then to use SIR to ad verb. So verb there are a limited number of halls, at least for free, that can be used with SIR, but I can get excellent results by modifying some of them.

Trying out the Vienna library right now on some solo piano stuff, using SIR. The piano plate is excellent. Wait, let me take that back. ALL the verbs are excellent. The best i\'ve ever used. Blows Ren. Reverb, Silverspike, etc.,etc. completely out of the water. These verbs sound totally real. Quite stunning.

You can always add room simulation reverb to dry sampled recordings, but if you have samples that already have room ambience in the recordings, you can\'t remove it. With the Vienna Symphonic Library you have total flexibility and control over the type and amount of ambience that you would like to have.

In addition to the room simulators mentioned in previous postings in this discussion topic, there are also other beautiful options as well, such as Samplitude\'s or Sequoia\'s Room Simulator on a PC, and also Altiverb on a Macintosh and Emagic\'s new \"Space Designer\" room simulator plugin for Logic.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio

Go Back to forum