• Register
  • Help

Topic: running vst with gigastudio ?

Share/Bookmark

running vst with gigastudio ?

I am using gigastudio and is it possible to reroute the sound back to vst to process effect before go into the speaker ? Thanks.

Re: running vst with gigastudio ?

Originally posted by lkthomas:
    I am using gigastudio and is it possible to reroute the sound back to vst to process effect before go into the speaker ? Thanks.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Not with Gigastudio 2.x. There are a couple of kludgy ways to make this work though: 1. Route S/PDIF out to S/PDIF in on your sound card. You could also do it via analog, but would get extra noise and conversion delays, not to mention the lower quality of an D/A - A/D path; 2. Use a soundcard that has drivers which allow you to route sound out to sound in. Egosys has drivers that do this with the GSIF outputs.

Basically, we\'ll have to wait for 3.0 which everyone assumes will have a Rewire capability.

My information could be completely off but I think the new Cubase SX 2 will let you pipe external apps into an audio buss inside Cubase.

So if that is true we will be able to do it.

I hate the giga record feature inside gigastudio, I hate having to record it, find the file match it up on the time line - I HATE IT SO MUCH>

thankfully, Ive found another way. Probably not the best for quality but it seems to sound fine.

I take an analogue cable and connect it to my monitor speakers then I route the other end back into my soundcard.i I create a new audio channel, change it to stereo, then press record and the thing records what giga is playing. That way I can turn off the giga effects before I press record, then afterwards add VST effects -whatever. But the best thing about this is is that THE DAMN THING IS IN TIME, ON THE TIME LINE. -- Make sure to record at a high volume (just make sure it doesnt clip) so you can minimize the hiss, which btw is hardly noticeable if you do it right.

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Well I thought it was cool anyway [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] . [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Ed

But dude, all those nasty A/D and D/A artifacts for every track?

With respect, that is a seriously messy way to go.

Right now I render track by track digitally. My sequencer is setup to trigger Giga when I press play so at least the start times are in sync. It is a little laborious but everything is still digital. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sometimes a bit of noise and the odd ugly artifcat isn\'t such a bad thing [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Just a personal view though!

Scott I dont seem to get any artifacts. Go to the Mediaventures thread and listen, do you hear any artifacts?

Ed

Go Back to forum