• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fatar TMK88

Share/Bookmark

Fatar TMK88

Any thoughts? Semi-weighted keys? Would that work for GOS and the like?

Great price.

$300.00

Product Description

The TMK88 is an extremely affordable 88-key controller. Its high-quality action, by Fatar -- the world leader in pro keyboard assemblies, provides semi-weighted keys, and of course, full-size keys. This is a compact-lightweight board that\'s a dream for live gigs -- and a real space-saver in the studio.

Features:
    Sustain pedal input

Mod wheel

Transpose

Program change

Bank change

MIDI channel selection

Re: Fatar TMK88

Does it have After Touch?

Where can I buy one for that price?

I dont think it does.

Help me. Im going nuts here...better features or more keys???

LOL

http://www.zzounds.com/item--FATTMK88

I bought one of these 2 weeks ago. I love it! Great deal for the price.

-T

Does the keyboard fit for piano libraries (for example for PMI pianos?)

I never tried a such keyboard. Does the feeling is near to the Fatar with hammer action?

Or what would you advise to get? Since i'm searching for a light keyboard but with almost no compromise about the piano keys feeling (no matter if there are onboard sounds or not).

Is it a dream?

Quote Originally Posted by xav93
    Is it a dream?
    I think it is, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Currently, I think the best test is to weigh the controller - the heavier it is, the better it will be for piano. ;^)

Greg.

Francis,

I would really audition this keyboard at your local music store first. I tried it at mine and the "semi-weighted" action felt like it was semi-weighted with six day old custard. Really horrible. In fact it didn't feel like a Fatar action at all. BUT that was a display model in a busy store. A virginal unit might be better.

I wonder, does it even have velocity response?

EDIT: Ah yes, I see it does. But no pitch wheel! Mod only. I think this is probably a very basic keyboard. If I were you, I'd spend a little extra and get a SL990 PRO or XP, or the new M-AUDIO Keystation. You're better off getting the right controller now, in spite of costs. I bought a Roland A30 years ago and regretted it ever since, but I can't justify buying a new controller coz the damn Roland still works. Economic guilt is a terrible thing to be beholden to.

Cheers
    Heath

It weighs 13 lbs, no pitch wheel, no aftertouch. If you're really low on funds, or you need something extremely light-weight... my guess is if you don't mind playing on a spongy synthesizer feel, and you don't need or want a real piano feel, then I suppose it's a good deal. Bu no pitch wheel? Seems odd.

In a classic case of you-get-what-you-pay-for, I would definately bang on one of those in the store before buying. Why not spring for another $200-$300 and get real weighted keys: http://www.zzounds.com/item--FATSL880PRO or http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOKEYSTAT88 ???

- Keith

I bought a Roland A30 years ago and regretted it ever since, but I can't justify buying a new controller coz the damn Roland still works. Economic guilt is a terrible thing to be beholden to.
    '

That's why there's eBay!!!
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

I am looking for a keyboard controller. I am not a piano player and cannot coax my fingers into pushing those heavy puppies around. Do any of you guys have an opinion on the Roland A37 controller. I have an XP-80 at home and love the feel. Also, I can't find an 88 key controller that isn't weighted like a piano. Any thoughts?

Darren

Go Back to forum