• Register
  • Help

Topic: SRX-01 Dynamic Drums

SRX-01 Dynamic Drums

A little from the normal post here, but is it just me or is the best library for just sitting and playing and getting a good sound? If anyone here is familiar with these sounds (programming also) are there any giga libraries that can compete with the SRX drums in immediate playability and sound? Any comments could help me with a choice. Oh, the sounds are best suited for pop, jazz, rock, and such.

Re: SRX-01 Dynamic Drums

I completely agree...I don\'t know that I\'ve had more fun playing drum samples then when I tried out the Roland XV-5080 with this chip on em.

Eric, could you pleeeeeeease release those drums on a CD??? Or, recommend one of CD\'s that has kits comparable.

Good to see we\'re on the same page J. P. Do you know of any libraries out there that are comparable to these? Real Giga Drums or Purrfect Drums sound as if they\'re close in sound, I\'m just worried that there isn\'t enough in variety to either. Shameless plugs from some good Drum lib developers would be greatly appreciated.

I agree. These kits are some of the best sounding I\'ve ever heard. They have a production quality to them that is often missing in other sampled drumkits, i.e each kit has a distinct produced sound.
    My minor complaint is that I would have liked to have more velocity switches and snare variations, but this wouldn\'t be possible on an XV anyway (at least not that easily).
    They sound a lot like the kits used on Backbeat by Spectrasonics, so I assume these kits were sampled when they were doing that one.
    I\'d love to have this in a softsynth like Atmosphere, with perhaps more velocities etc.
    Spectrum\'s earlier cd\'s have this type of sound (Burning grooves) and Toontracks Drums from Hell also have a nice produced sound.

Anyway, I think Eric is still King when it comes to getting these types of well produced fat sounding kits! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Please release an Instrument with these kits (and more!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

This is so true! As a drummer who already owns Real giga drums, Pure drums, Groove Master drums, Bob Clearmountain and more, these still stand out as the most playable of all. Sure wish you could buy\'em on a disk. I bet Roland has some sort of exclusive deal on them though.

If ever Spectrasonics would release the samples behind classics like the SRX card, or Burning Grooves, or Retro Funk, I\'d be first in line to scoop\'em all up.

In the meantime, I\'m probably gonna have to buy a used XV3080...

Thanks guys...that\'s really nice to hear! We are pretty proud of those sounds.

spectrum [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

You should be proud, and if possible should try to get these sounds out through CD-ROM with the exact same programming.

Go Back to forum