I finally got Gigastudio to work for a few minutes without crashing!
Anyway, I loaded up Gigapiano, and cranked Polyphony up to 160 in the Settings. With a P2-400, I know I can\'t expect full polyphony. I just wanted to see what I could get.
I held the pedal down and glissed up and down. But it maxxes out at 64 voices. What\'s controlling this ceiling? It seemes like a very \"round\" number to be, so I assumed it\'s being controlled somewhere.
Check out the discussion threads about Vcache that are on the forum now. The higher the setting, the more polyphony, but don\'t go above 25% of your RAM. You\'ll find the setting in the system.ini file.
If you have a sequencer and GSt on one machine and have assigned an external MIDI In port to a Nemesys MIDI Out port, GSt will automatically limit each port to 64 voices. Go to your Settings|Hardware/Routing screen in GSt and set all MIDI In ports to none.
[This message has been edited by killerbobjr (edited 07-10-2000).]
I didn\'t want to respond because I am not sure how to fix your problem. But, when I installed Gigastudio I only got 64 voices. But there was something in the embedded helps or FAQ that told me what to do after I installed the first time. You had to do this one thing if you had Gigasampler on your computer before installing Gigastudio. Anyway, it fixed the problem immediately. I am sure someone out there knows what I am talking about and can help you. It is a first install fix.
Okay, try this then: split four CW tracks among Nemesys MIDI Out port 1-4 and test for polyphony by playing back a midifile on the four tracks. If each port is being limited to 64 voices (as I suspect it is), this should go past that. It would also means there\'s a configuration problem somewhere that\'s capping out each port at 64 voices.
I\'ll be very interested in the results of these experiments, since my first install of GSt had a similar problem - it *would not* go above 64 voices, no matter what. (I was only using Port 1, so I don\'t know what difference that would have made.) The only way I was able to \"solve\" it was to do, in effect, a fresh Win98 install - then I could get over 64 voices. I didn\'t see anybody else having a similar problem until now. When I get back from vacation I\'ll see if I can get more voices on the original config using additional ports.