• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fanatical Brass

Share/Bookmark

Fanatical Brass

The title says it all for this piece. I may have posted this a few years back under a different name. I forget...

Oh boy, I must have gotten blown away the trumpet section on this one. Here...

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/musi...al%20Brass.mp3
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Re: Fanatical Brass

Sorry Mitch, is there a link or is my browser playing tricks on me?

Mitch,

Is it 'brass' or' bras' ? In either case, nothing to see (or listen to).

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Manthe View Post
    The title says it all for this piece. I may have posted this a few years back under a different name. I forget...
    ---that's not the only thing you're forgetting, Mitch--hehehe.

Randy

My oh my, what happened to my mind?

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/musi...al%20Brass.mp3
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Thanks for the music. You made us wait (to build up the tension?). Again a piece with good content and many possibilities for bands to perform. I'm sure your music could find its way to many music stands.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Thanks for the music. You made us wait (to build up the tension?). Again a piece with good content and many possibilities for bands to perform. I'm sure your music could find its way to many music stands.

Max
    I wish!!!

AH, the invisible music appears - hehe, I think we've all had the experience of not including links, especially in email when we forget to add an attachment.

This is invigorating, Mitch! Perhaps an action movie cue, like the mustering of troupes in a period piece epic of some sort. There's a simultaneous quality of familiarity and originality in the main theme, and it emerges as fresh sounding. And as I've grown to expect in your music, there's an interesting amount of sophisticated development in your orchestrations, well beyond what the minimum requirement would be. You're constantly showing how accurately your signature line is in describing your attitude - "Writing music for the joy of it." -- Indeed, I can hear that is certainly the case.

The rendering has more reverb than needed, lessening the impact of the music, and there's a flattening of dynamics throughout, which I attribute to the familiar problems of Finale renderings.

But recording issues aside, I find much to admire in what you've composed, Mitch. Thanks for letting us hear it - finally!--hehe.

Randy

Go Back to forum