• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Major problems trying to install GPO4

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Major problems trying to install GPO4

Hi everyone,

I'm posting here somewhat out of desperation.

I purchased GPO4 (Mac OS X; download version) several days ago and am still unable to install it.

Installer gives me an "Installation Failed - The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

The guys at MakeMusic customer support seem completely unable to offer anything. So far they have asked me to create a new admin account and try to install within that (fail) and renamed my boot drive back to "Macintosh HD" (fail). It has taken them four days to get to this point and I am rapidly losing confidence in them frankly.

I have also tried switching off my FileVault disk encryption (which will take days to complete), repairing disk permissions and completely removing partially installed files (the Installer manages to install some of the files) prior to attempting installation. All without success.

The installer.log file does not give much indication other than a similar message to the one at the top of this post.

I have never had such an extensive problem trying to install anything on my Mac. I am convinced there is a fairly serious bug in the current version of the installer software but whether the manufacturer will recognise and do something about that, I don't know.

Either way, I am very frustrated that I'm unable to use the software as I bought it in good faith and expected to be happily composing now.

Does anyone have a similar experience and have anything to offer that may help? I'd be grateful to hear from anyone.

Meanwhile, I will keep working with the support guys to try to fix this.

Thanks.

Re: Major problems trying to install GPO4

Hi,mrlemon - I'm really sorry to hear about your problems. That has to be majorly frustrating!

After reading your post, I wrote to one of ARIA's programmers, in hopes he can offer a solution.

Meanwhile, the only step that I can think of is for you to download the whole package again and do a clean re-install with that, rather than trying to install the same possibly corrupted download you have. That's a very generic suggestion, and sorry about that, but it's the only idea that occurs to me.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by mrlemon View Post

I purchased GPO4 (Mac OS X; download version) several days ago and am still unable to install it.
    Hi Mrlemon,

What version of OSX are you running?

Installer gives me an "Installation Failed - The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."
    What version is the GPO4 installer you are using? (Usually says in the file name or at the top of the installer window)

Best Regards,
    Chad

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your reply and I really appreciate you writing to the developers. That's amazing, thank you.

Yes, it's extremely frustrating. Am currently trying everything to solve it: booting into safe mode, cleaning Disk Permissions again, unzipping the archive using the Terminal instead of The Unarchiver (to try to resolve any errors). I have tried re-downloading the file again a couple of times using different browsers, again to try to root out any errors and to prevent any corruption of the file. Alas, no joy.

Searching through various fora that quotes the exact error message I'm getting mostly seems to point to some sort of corruption of the file, which I guess is why it instructs you to contact the software developer.

Again, thank you for writing to the ARIA developer. I hope he can come back with something that may help me.

Matthew

Hi Chad,

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Hi Mrlemon,

What version of OSX are you running?
    I am running 10.8.2.

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    What version is the GPO4 installer you are using? (Usually says in the file name or at the top of the installer window)
    Zip file downloaded is called "Garritan_Personal_Orchestra_4.02_MAC.zip"

Thanks for your response.

Matthew

Hi Chad,

I am running 10.8.2.

Zip file downloaded is called "Garritan_Personal_Orchestra_4.02_MAC.zip"

Thanks for your response.

Matthew
    Thanks Matthew. Check your PMs.

Best Regards,
    Chad

Just to update this post - I am waiting for a further response from MakeMusic support. I am hoping they will be able to provide a new version of the installer. Otherwise, I have nothing left to try.

It's been three days since I heard from support. They are not exactly forthcoming, sadly. Disappointing.

Matthew

Just to update this post - I am waiting for a further response from MakeMusic support...
    Matthew, did you check your Private Messages as Chad asked? He's the ARIA developer working with you on this.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Matthew, did you check your Private Messages as Chad asked? He's the ARIA developer working with you on this.

Randy
    Yes, I heard from Chad. I wasn't aware that he was the developer you mentioned in your earlier post. He said there was potentially a new version in the offing that is compatible with OS X 10.8.2 and that he hoped it would be released soon. I couldn't ask for a better response from you guys on here; I'm really grateful. Not so customer support at the place I actually bought the software. Is it one and the same?

...Is it one and the same?
    Make Music became the parent company for Garritan earlier this year, and it's still a time flux and adjustment. I know both the MM team and the Garritan Development team are working full steam, but things are still just getting a bit out of sync now and then between the two groups.

This bulletin board is a user Forum, but pros from both the Garritan team and the MM team come when they're able. Otherwise, people you see here, like me, are "just" fellow users interested in helping as we can, in sharing info and tips, and sharing our musical projects in The Listening Room.

I'm confident your issues will be sorted out as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience, and welcome to the Forum. Hope you stick around.

Randy

Go Back to forum