• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Does this acoustic guitar library exist?

Share/Bookmark

Does this acoustic guitar library exist?

I\'m looking for a beautifully-recorded acoustic guitar library. Something that possibly has multiple velocity layers, and a variety of \"effects\" from which a fairly convincing melodic or accompanimental track could be built. I know the real thing is infinitely better--this would be for low-budget projects and mock-ups. Any suggestions out there? TIA...

Re: Does this acoustic guitar library exist?

Bardstown acoustic archtop guitars are multi velocity and have release note off samples, which capture the sound of the finger coming off of the finger board.

There are quite a few demos on the mp3 page of our web site, which feature this guitar not only as a solo instrument, but also in a mix with other instruments doing solos and accompaniments.

In addition to acoustic archtop guitars, you also get electric archtop jazz guitars and tenor banjos in the collection as well, with both pick and finger samples with multi velocities and release note off samples which capture the sound of the finger coming off of the finger board.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

You\'ve got some nice samples there for sure. What I\'m really looking for, though, is more of the \"William Ackerman\" Windham Hill finger-picked acoustic guitar sound. Something where the first 2 or 3 velocity layers have an almost imperceptible attack. For very pastoral and new-age type stuff...

I don\'t quite know what you mean and not sure what other samples you know or have... but I use Yellow Tools Poor Guitars and they have some nice samples in there... Can\'t remember off my head if they are finger picked or picked though, have to check... And their website doesn\'t seem to say much too... I haven\'t touched it for about a year now, then again, I haven\'t done anything musical in that time too!!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Another CD I have is the Matt Ragan Steel STrength, which is a beautifully sampled Martin D-16 guitar... Its good also...

Jun

The closest thing to Windham Hill (Michael Hedges) that I\'ve heard of is the Collings Guitar from Hans Zimmer Guitars Vol 2, Spectrasonics.

Here\'s a link to the demo, it starts with the Collings.

Hans Zimmer Guitars Vol 2 Demo link

but I use Yellow Tools Poor Guitars
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That would be Yellow Tools Pure Guitar [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Nice library BTW.

I second the nod to the Collings acoustic from Hans Zimmer Guitars Vol. 2.

I\'m a guitarist, so I always play the real thing, but I constantly use the Collings for mock-ups and arrangement ideas.

It has 4 velocity layers, if I\'m not mistaken. The 4th layer slides into the target note, complete with fret buzz. Very effective if not overdone! It also has a patch of acoustic guitar noises...string squeaks, x-notes, and thumps.

I dunno about \"William Ackerman\", but his lesser known third cousin on his mother\'s side, Clyde Ackerman, sounds a bit like some of the stuff on the Hans Zimmer Vol.2 cd. You probably would have heard more from Clyde were it not for his hearing loss from that hunting accident and the loss of several fingers after that rattlesnake milking incident.

The strums on that library aren\'t much of anything, but Alex and Jaimo are on the money regarding the solo string patches. It may be on the older side, but it has some real gems in there.
    -Hudson

Originally posted by Phattlippz:
    You\'ve got some nice samples there for sure. What I\'m really looking for, though, is more of the \"William Ackerman\" Windham Hill finger-picked acoustic guitar sound. Something where the first 2 or 3 velocity layers have an almost imperceptible attack. For very pastoral and new-age type stuff...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

The fingerpicked acoustic in the Kompakt library is very nice. I don\'t know how many velocity layers there are, but it\'s very playable and convincing. A full velocity strike on any key gives you a slide note that\'ll knock your socks off. It also includes a variety of string noises and thunks.

Another nice set is the Jacaranda (I probably spelled that wrong) guitar disk from Bigga Giggas.

Hi. Longtime observer, first time poster.

I finally signed up to this excellent forum.

I have the ac nylon guitar from vrsound. i don\'t have anything else so I can\'t compare I only know I like it a lot. it has fingertip samples which are very warm plus several more layers. It\'s a little hard to figure out at first but I got it down now and it sounds very good. It\'s worth checking out.

Go Back to forum