• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: First try using new computer+kontakt+cubase

Share/Bookmark

First try using new computer+kontakt+cubase

Go to www.falcon-creations.com/mp3/abidewithme_stringquarted.mp3 to listen to my first try using my new computer and kontakt. Also I\'m bought Cubase too, so this is also my first try using that application!

This is rough mix and I know of some \"bugs\" but let me know what you think in general about the piece.

Strings = Gos Lite
    French horn = BoB

Btw. this is also first try with Gos Lite!

Thanks in advance!

Re: First try using new computer+kontakt+cubase

bump!

Nice...very nice. Excellent use of dynamics...keeps it alive even though the piece is somewhat static.

I\'ve had great results with Kontakt and Cubase SX. Recently I\'ve been playing with Kompakt which comes with a load of GOOD samples. It works great with SX, and the Kontakt stuff opens right up.

The Gos sounds great. Good stuff!

Thanks sporter!

One question to you because you use Kontakt and Cubase SX, does it sometimes happen to you that when you import midi file that the vst instruments go crazy? Then I mean it\'s like we hear something which could come out of casette when turned fast-forward. The pitch of the vst instruments become 2 octave higher or something like that than normal.

Originally posted by falcon1:
    Thanks sporter!

One question to you because you use Kontakt and Cubase SX, does it sometimes happen to you that when you import midi file that the vst instruments go crazy? Then I mean it\'s like we hear something which could come out of casette when turned fast-forward. The pitch of the vst instruments become 2 octave higher or something like that than normal.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, I get that. Also I get wierd tempo changes. Sometimes distortion from hell. I usually do a \"revert to saved\", and everything is fine.

No known solution for this bug?

Originally posted by falcon1:
    No known solution for this bug?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">none that I\'m aware of. SX does have its share of quirks it seems. I love it, but it sometimes does strange things...

Can\'t wait for 2.0!!!

Hi all, I\'m now updated the mix etc. Please listen here: http://www.falcon-creations.com/mp3/abidewithme_stringquarted1c_mix.mp3

Please let me know if you think it\'s better or worse - also if the reverb is too much!

Btw. Sporter, I\'m also looking forward to SX 2! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hi guys, Make sure u have the latest update.Ive never gotten that bug.though i have noticed the odd weird grafical bugs in SX..Peace Rich

Go Back to forum