• Register
  • Help

Topic: Native Instruments Kontakt5 issue

Share/Bookmark

Native Instruments Kontakt5 issue

Maybe it's heroific to post a question about the NI Kontakt5 player here, but maybe some of the readers know a simple answer (should be simple, but I didn't get much when I tried to google it). I have downloaded the free Kontakt 5 player from http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/. It works just like a GPO player, only some different settings. Trouble is, when I load a flute into the player, it sounds like a piano. That is, all the instruments are sounding like a Steinway. Which is great, but certainly not what I meant.

What do I do wrong here, or do the other sounds become available when you buy the product ( the way, I did download their standard database).

Re: Native Instruments Kontakt5 issue

Quote Originally Posted by wnoorduin View Post
    Maybe it's heroific to post a question about the NI Kontakt5 player here, but maybe some of the readers know a simple answer (should be simple, but I didn't get much when I tried to google it). I have downloaded the free Kontakt 5 player from http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/. It works just like a GPO player, only some different settings. Trouble is, when I load a flute into the player, it sounds like a piano. That is, all the instruments are sounding like a Steinway. Which is great, but certainly not what I meant.

What do I do wrong here, or do the other sounds become available when you buy the product ( the way, I did download their standard database).
    If you're talking about the current version of GPO, GPO4, it only works in the ARIA Player that comes with it. It also sounds like what you're hearing is the piano which is the default sound from the Microsoft Wave Table Synth on your sound card, somehow kicking in since the Library you're trying to load doesn't work in Kontakt Player.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    If you're talking about the current version of GPO, GPO4, it only works in the ARIA Player that comes with it. It also sounds like what you're hearing is the piano which is the default sound from the Microsoft Wave Table Synth on your sound card, somehow kicking in since the Library you're trying to load doesn't work in Kontakt Player.

Randy
    I have got a response from NI that says I had to switch off MIDI Output Microsoft Wave Table Synth. But as soon as I did that, I heard no sound what soever (I have a Windows 7 pc and as High Definition Audio Device the Speakers Defined).

Quote Originally Posted by wnoorduin View Post
    I have got a response from NI that says I had to switch off MIDI Output Microsoft Wave Table Synth. But as soon as I did that, I heard no sound what soever (I have a Windows 7 pc and as High Definition Audio Device the Speakers Defined).
    ---Yes, it's as I said before: GPO4 does not work in Kontakt. You must use ARIA that came with the Library.

Randy

Question Re: Native Instruments Kontakt5 issue

... it's almost obvious that GPO4 being an SFZ Aria patch can't appear as an instrument in Kontakt 5 player, then I don't think you may be able of opening a flute...

If you did it you are using a GPO Kontakt version (e.g. GPO3?): I'm using several instances of GPO3 in Kontakt 5 (and 4 and 3.5 etc.) player without any problem for years.

Slightly different for Stradivari...it had complex script fine tuned for Kontakt player 2.5 and the following versions of Kontakt have serious issues (e.g. holding notes etc.) then it's still better using Player 2.5 for Stradivari (and it still works awesome fine).

Go Back to forum