• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hot guitar licks...

Share/Bookmark

Hot guitar licks...

As in modern country/rock and rock. Any suggestions?

Probably something phrased based would be preferable, but I\'m open to suggestions. I have a couple of guitar libraries, but I need some hot, kick *** guitar intros on some tracks I\'m working on, I need a good \"commercial\" radio style sound, if you know what I mean.

Re: Hot guitar licks...

Honestly Sporter... since you\'re in B-ham I\'d take the short voyage up to Nashville and hire a picker. You could cut a gtr track that would far out-shine any samples you could ever get. But that\'s my 2¢

J-

Damn...I saw \"hot\" and \"licks\" and my libido kicked in again...damn you Isabella! As long as I\'m here, the closest thing I could think of would be the Steinberg Virtual Guitarist stuff. I\'m not sure if its more for accompaniment or if it has licks as well, but I know a few fellow keyboard players who really rave about it. Other than that, you\'re gonna spend hours and dollars looking for an appropriate lick that may not even exist in a sample library when a real live half decent guitar player could do it in a matter of seconds. I think this is one of those \'get an actual player\' instances...
    -Hudson

OK, thanks guys. I guess driving to Nashville and picking up a guitar player is an option, but I was wanting one that I could keep around and not have to feed...

I\'ve had my eye on PhatFingers:

http://www.ilio.com/ilio/phatfingers/index.html

although it\'s really not the sound I\'m looking for. I have Virtual Guitarist, both acoustic and electric, but it\'s only good for comps.

Oh well, if you come across anything, let me know..

Those of you who do guitar intro\'s and breaks...do you play them on a midi keyboard? Any advice on technique..?

FWIW, I\'m not sure what the laws are in Nashville, but in New York it\'s *totally* legal to keep a guitarist chained up in your basement til you need him. It\'s saved me quite a bundle over the years, and with all the various rodents and roaches abound, you don\'t even have to pay for food.

My only suggestion would be to give him a couple of high protein power bars about an hour beforehand to boost his energy levels...you don\'t want a draggy performance. Just another option for ya.
    -Hudson

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sporter:
    [QB] OK, thanks guys. I guess driving to Nashville and picking up a guitar player is an option, but I was wanting one that I could keep around and not have to feed...

Hudson, I cant remember you always being this nutty! lol

Ed

[quote]Originally posted by Hudson:
    FWIW, I\'m not sure what the laws are in Nashville, but in New York it\'s *totally* legal to keep a guitarist chained up in your basement til you need him. It\'s saved me quite a bundle over the years, and with all the various rodents and roaches abound, you don\'t even have to pay for food.

My only suggestion would be to give him a couple of high protein power bars about an hour beforehand to boost his energy levels...you don\'t want a draggy performance. Just another option for ya.
    -Hudson

Originally posted by sporter:
    [QB] OK, thanks guys. I guess driving to Nashville and picking up a guitar player is an option, but I was wanting one that I could keep around and not have to feed...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">OK, but guitarist are always fiddling with knobs. I HATE that...

Atleast you can get rid of them by holding up sheet music... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It\'s that damn Isabella...she must be my muse. BTW, Hurricane Isabel, Isabella...coincedence or divine intervention?? I\'d forward that to the Unsolved Mysteries guy but he went and died on us, gosh darnit.
    -Hudson

Originally posted by Ed:
    Hudson, I cant remember you always being this nutty! lol

Ed
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Go Back to forum