• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: New SAM Horns & Trombones Setup - with example

Share/Bookmark

New SAM Horns & Trombones Setup - with example

Hi folks,

after the last hints and tipps I got from this great forum I worked (besides other things) on a better brass setup for my orchestral scores.

I have written a short teaser music (2 min) in \"fantasy\" style with very thick brass notation. I completely left out the woodwinds, in order to give the brass even more space. Now I am of course interested in your opinion - just anything you can think of .. feel free to comment. I think I will use the track as maintheme for a video game - but I am not 100% sure about it yet ..

http://www.dynamedion.de/samples/call_of_the_dead.mp3

THX,

nontacky

Re: New SAM Horns & Trombones Setup - with example

I\'m BATMAN! (close your eyes and that\'s the type of theme I feel.)

HEH I like it bro, the first lil bit at :21 seems maybe a little too dry? Also the first incling of your choir is almost too quiet for my ears arround 1:05. Very epic sounding. I think it works pretty good!

Very nice! It\'s perfect as fantasy video game music.

The brass sounds great. I think I use the SAM horns more than any other samples that I have.. I can\'t wait to get the trombones [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Did you rewrite one of the pieces that you posted here in the past? It sounds really familiar.

Holy Elfman! Very big and cool. I\'m going to have to get the SAM horns. They are just too great.
    Good job!
    J

@D.DiAnda .. well, no [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I did not really rewrite the song. It\'s just a style I want to get more and more familiar with - so I keep on practising different and sometimes similar settings [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ..

What do you think of the sound concerning panning and room?

Very nice and right on for what you are going for. I hear more \"Planet of the Apes\" Elfman (add the 32th synth notes and it\'s right on.) Again, very convincing mock-up.

Rob

Originally posted by nontacky:
    @D.DiAnda .. well, no [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I did not really rewrite the song. It\'s just a style I want to get more and more familiar with - so I keep on practising different and sometimes similar settings [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ..

What do you think of the sound concerning panning and room?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I understand. I constantly do the same thing.
    I thought that the panning and room sounded fine [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I\'m writing music for a fantasy/medieval RPG right now... your music is inspiring.

notacky, very nice man!!! Well done.

Very well, I really like the crescendo! All dynamics are very good, I think.
    Are the strings VSL?

Hey,

thanks for the feedback. The strings are a mixture of GOS and VSL (lite versions). I did this with one PC (Logic + EXS) so the amount of samples was limited to 26 tracks (very few keyswitches) with instruments that took no more than 20-40MB per instrument.

It took me about 20 hours to finish this track - after I read that Isabella only needed 4 hours to complete her \"Nothern Love\" track I am rather unsure if 20 hours is not too much time ..

Greets,

Pierre Langer

Go Back to forum