• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: post harpsichord problem

post harpsichord problem

I just got \"post harpsichords vol 1\". The sound is very good, but there are a lot of samples with shouvel and noise in the background. This is quite anoying [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] , so I\'d like to ask if any of the users of this library have found solutions to this [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] . If so, please tell me!
    Thank you in advance,

Re: post harpsichord problem

Hi Marcus.

What\'s the creation date/last edited date of the gig-file? Can you also give me some examples of the problems you describe?

Hello Per Larsson!
    I bought it from \"Micro ceative\" in France (130 euros). Now the copyright is (on the cd) 2001. In the gig-file \"french harspichord full\" there is written created the 3.4.2003 and modified last 3.4.2003 (this would be yesterday - I\'ve been waiting for the cd for two months). On another gig-file is written created 3.4.2003 and last modified in 29.12.2003 (stange as well). Where do you want me to send an exemple of a sample with noise?
    Thank you.

The SFX file was \"last modified\" the 25.1.2001 .

Markus, I\'ve got your mail, we\'ll handle it from there!

Worra, if you have a solution for this I\'d like to hear about it too. It\'s particularly a problem on the French instrument. Michiel said there was traffic noise outside the home where the sampling was done. I\'ve used a high-pass filter to reduce the noise but it\'s only a partial answer and has its own problems.
    Thanks - jim

...here I am!
    Short answer: these noises can be removed. Bad news: all the samples have to be re-processed and I have to make new cd\'s.
    When I recorded those samples (over 2 years ago) I didn\'t have the tools to remove these noises (o.a. non-static traffic noise). Good news: Nowdays I have. More good news: I decided to re-release the Harpsichords, the Virginal and the Fortepiano and combine them into a new product. They are sheduled for the end of this month. I have no idea in what form I will release the new versions but I won\'t forget the existing customers (there are a lot!)

Michiel Post

Hi Michiel!
    That\'s REAL good news! So you will change our actual cd against a new one with good sounding clean harpsichord samples? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] How will we do the exchange?

I have the Post GIGA Collection 1 + 2. Can I exchange the DVD\'s for DVD\'s with the new library versions?

Thanks Michiel - you give good support!

I think it\'s reasonable to charge an update fee for this new product, scaled by how many of the original libraries customers have (I have all 3). Maybe recent buyers like Marcus should get it free.

Go Back to forum