• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria Player won't run in 64-bit Mode?

Share/Bookmark

Aria Player won't run in 64-bit Mode?

My apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I could not find this exact issue...

My System is MAC PRO 3,1 OSX 10.8.2 (ML) with 18 GB RAM...running in 64-bit mode

If I run the Aria Player (Player v.1.504 Engine v.1606 (OS X x86) ) as a Standalone, the Activity Monitor shows it is one of the few Apps running in 32-bit mode.

Also, my Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 only recognizes the Plugin when I run the 32-bit Server, and not when I run the 64-bit Server. Same is true with Digital Performer 8 (which I am running in 64-bit mode)...the only way I can run the Aria Player is to host it in the 32-bit VEP5.

What little I can find on this topic says the Aria Player will run in 64-bit mode. I also found another note that suggested my Audio Drivers are not up to date. They are...and I am running several other Virtual Instruments in 64-bit mode just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Randy

Re: Aria Player won't run in 64-bit Mode?

For crying out loud...the Plugin is now appearing in DP8 and VEP5 in 64-bit mode. It still does not run in 64-bit as a standalone, but I don't care about that (as I never use it that way).

Computers are evil sometimes (says a gut who is an IT Professional day, musician in the the shadows).

Cheers...

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by randy@thorderson.com View Post
    For crying out loud...the Plugin is now appearing in DP8 and VEP5 in 64-bit mode. It still does not run in 64-bit as a standalone, but I don't care about that (as I never use it that way).

Computers are evil sometimes (says a gut who is an IT Professional day, musician in the the shadows).

Cheers...

Randy
    Glad you have that already fixed, Randy - There are two separate .dll files, x86, and x64. There are also two different stand-alones - So it's not a matter of one version running in 32 or 64 bit mode - there are totally different files for the two set ups.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by randy@thorderson.com View Post
    For the record
    The player is fully 32/64bit. But it defaults in 32bit.
    Just 'Get info' on the ARIA Player.app, untick open in 32bits.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Go Back to forum