• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Best libraries for swing/jazz

Share/Bookmark

Best libraries for swing/jazz

I\'m looking to purchase some libraries that will produce the most realistic samples of jazz big bands and jazz combos. Any suggestions?

Re: Best libraries for swing/jazz

You may want to check out the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial Grand and Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos. There are many jazz demos on our web site featuring these instruments.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Hi Race,

The Jazz Demos I\'ve done for BardstownAudio.com does include Kip McGinnis\'s, Borsendorfer Piano, Archtop Guitars and Accordians. I have add the synthy brass and reeds from the Motif 8 keyboard but I will be producing a few more demos soon as the Giga Reed libraries become available.

If you\'d like to visit my Website below, there are many big band song-arrangements which might interest you..

Alan Russell

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quantum Leap Brass has some excellent resources for that genre. As already mentioned, the Bardstown instruments are all right up that alley.

Trilogy has the finest sampled upright bass I have ever heard. I\'ve never been able to get anywhere near that sound with my real bass player.

You may also wish to check out the Vitual Drummer (Steinberg) for a good selection of shuffle, swing, latin and waltz patterns.

Jazzdad,

Trilogy\'s upright bass is super..no doubt about it..It has the perfect wood sound after the string is plucked, not too loud and not too soft..very realistic IMHO..would love to own this sample one day..

Alan Russell

Larry Seyer\'s Upright Bass also sounds very real. It has a very forward, agressive sound - very nice for trio work. If you have Giga Studio, you should be able to find the one octave demo gig on one of the demo disks.

Bruce said Quantum Leap Brass has some excellent resources for that genre.

Could\'nt agree more at today\'s price it is a must.If king ever returns(sniff sniff)he may impart his owesome knowledge on how to improve on this libray in Kontakt

ed

Definitely Bardstoen Bose and guitars. Larry Seyer bass demos sound good (don\'t have it) but SI\'s Guitars and Amps includes a quite nice acoustic bass. Not as flamboyant as LS, but quite musical and useful.

Cool Vibes is also a great-sonding vibrophone. Hans stated he was after the Milt Jackson tone; he pretty much nailed it, IMHO.) AND it\'s on sale for the next couple days...

Dasher

Originally posted by Race:
    I\'m looking to purchase some libraries that will produce the most realistic samples of jazz big bands and jazz combos. Any suggestions?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Go Back to forum