• Register
  • Help

Topic: audio dropouts with instant orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy audio dropouts with instant orchestra

Hey, I bought IO not to long ago, but am confused with the seemingly power hungry aria player.
    with my ASUS n53jq laptop I can run stacks of Kontact and VSL instruments with great latency levels, but if I try just one IO ensemble, I get simply horrible audio dropout rates, even with all buffers set to the highest level.

the cpu levels and ram usage remain low and the dpc latency is fine, so I've really no clue what is causing the dropouts;
    it seems it must be a issue with the aria player instead of system overload.

this seems odd for a library targeted at students and laptop musicians.

also, oddly enough, if I load a ensemble preset such as "PianoWowsersEffect" the dropouts are significantly higher than if I load the same patches from scratch.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else can duplicate this effect lowering their latency buffers until dropouts begin to occur, then try loading the preset as compared to manually loading the same ensemble from scratch.

I've got 12 gigs of RAM , an i7 processor and a fast hard drive, and I don't have any problem with multiple real-time synths and complex samplers running, so this really bothers me that I can't play these IO patches without an eargrating racket.

any thoughts or similar experience?
    thanks, russcript

Re: audio dropouts with instant orchestra

Which version of the ARIA player do you have? Make sure you download the latest version.

I have an Core i7 processor and ARIA never uses more than 2-3% CPU with it fully loaded.

Jim

I downloaded IO so I'm pretty sure its up to date,
    but I'll try updating it soon and see what happens, I don't have the time now.

but as I said, CPU load is apparently not the problem.
    It never reads much more than 15% with with tons of vst tracks, IO included, but a lot of dropouts start occurring if I load a few IO patches.r
    RAM use is fine and DPC latency Checker and my sound card panel (Komplete Audio 6) display good system latency.
    even with all buffers set to the highest levels available the Instant Orchestra is almost unplayable.

thanks, russ

hey,
    I updated and everything's cool. sorry for bugging you all before trying that, I just assumed the player included would have been the correct version.
    my bad!
    russ

It appears that the ARIA player is being separated from the library installations which may help fix the issue of older ARIA players with libraries. Glad the update fixed your problem!

Jim

Go Back to forum