• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dream Plugin?

Share/Bookmark

Dream Plugin?

Hi there! Currently in order to reduce CPU usage I capture my VST Instrument synth (using Pro5) samples and use GigaSampler to play them back. Am I correct to assume that this is the best way to reduce CPU usage when dealing with songs that feature many different synth instruments?

Also is there any software out there that can automate the grueling process of capturing VST synth samples and then building a GigaSampler instrument from the captured samples? I think I may be dreaming.

Thanks.

Re: Dream Plugin?

For what it\'s worth, I think you\'d be better off capturing the synth output to a wave file, and play it back in Cubase. You get all the expressive capability of the synth and if you need to change it, just do another wave file.

True but I was getting pops and crackes when capturing synth tracks.

How about this, see the flowChart
    Cubase/Cakewalk-MIDI->Giga->GSIF-SndCard->Cakewalk/Cubase-Audio-Recoder
    Click Play/Record button, you will have ASIO/WAVE streaming in the Cakewalk/Cubase up to 16 stereo tracks at once.
    Shouldn\'t get pops, cracles, clicks, etc on the hi-quality multi-client soundcards. I\'m sure some users here are sucessful.
    Is it same thing that we are talking about? or something else?
    LHong

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>True but I was getting pops and crackes when capturing synth tracks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you capture one track at a time (all other tracks muted) you should not get any pops or clicks. If you are playing back a combination of audio tracks and streaming MIDI from GigaStudio, you will get pops and clicks very quickly, and it will get worse as you add more and more tracks.

Lawrence

PS - my ONLY complaint about the capture method is that the output level is low. I was hoping that GigaStudio would have addressed this bug, but it hasn\'t. The next thing I\'m going to try is a GSIF card (digital).

============================================
    PS - my ONLY complaint about the capture method is that the output level is low. I was hoping that GigaStudio would have addressed this bug, but it hasn\'t. The next thing I\'m going to try is a GSIF card (digital).
    =============================================
    Sure that might be a solution, but not all of GSIF have low latency, otherwise the problems won\'t be solved (Pops, cracles). I have same GSIF hardware, after I upgraded new path-driver for GSIF, It makes so different. Before I could\'t hear (REC) good sound at 0db, now even piano parts about 64 voices, I could have it +6db, do you believe that! Yes, mine is Pulsar-DSP card (6~18ms latency), of course many others could be done that as well? \"Lowest latency GSIF driver is the best one, I guess\"
    Don\'t forget the current direct-sound driver has huge latency, maybe about 50~250ms (I\'m not sure the max. No.). Maybe Nemesy could tell us more!
    Just a reference! don\'t take my words! next released-path?
    LHong

Go Back to forum