• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hans Zimmer's Home Studio

Share/Bookmark

Hans Zimmer\'s Home Studio

Thought you might find this interesting...

SOS Hans Zimmer\'s Home Setup with Pics

Re: Hans Zimmer\'s Home Studio

Don\'t tell me that giant controller poster looking thing over his monitors is one \"BIG\" Monitor. I could\'nt fathom or aford it, but, Ooh ! Would I like to have a screen that big.

Drool...drool......

I really love this part and it\'s even more true than back in time:

\" Given that he was successful in the record industry, what made Zimmer turn to film music? \"Number one, I always loved films, and I felt the record business had become so narrow that the freedom wasn\'t really available any more to experiment and try different things. If you have a hit record in one style, the record company instantly assumes that your next record has to be in this style. So if you have a hit record as a techno act and the next record you want to do, you suddenly want to change to, say, psychedelic country-western heavy metal, they\'re not going to let you do that.\" \"

\"Some critics have debated the influence of Holst and Wagner in Hans\' score for Gladiator\"

What is there to debate?
    I didn\'t realize that ripping off music note for note could be considered \"influence.\" :-)

Come on, that´s unfair. It´s true it sounds like Holst and Wagnerian music, but you can´t say it´s a rip-off.

In fact it´s a very nice soundtrack, only the influences a bit too obvious.

....VERY obvious [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

So what? Look at all those Zimmer-Rip-Offs... Far more obvious, aren\'t they? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

...and actually, I don\'t mind someone using a \"classic\" as an inspiration. Who isn\'t ? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by mitchb2:
    \"Some critics have debated the influence of Holst and Wagner in Hans\' score for Gladiator\"

What is there to debate?
    I didn\'t realize that ripping off music note for note could be considered \"influence.\" :-)
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">If you analise both pieces you will see that this is simply not true.

Gladiator sounds better then Holst, anyways... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Alex

When it comes to using samplers, Hans is a big fan of Tascam\'s GigaStudio.
    [...]
    \"We\'ve been using them for a few years and trust me, you just never want to touch another sampler, other than maybe Kontakt because it\'s a completely different thing[...]\"
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Now, if Tascam can\'t go to the bank on that endorsement, then I\'ve truly lost hope... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

- Keith

I have a rack of analog synths that looks just like that! I call it \"REASON\" - but it looks very similar!

The unfortunate thing is that no matter how many toys you have, you still have to face empty sequencer tracks at the beginning of every cue.

Go Back to forum