• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tascam GigaCube?

Share/Bookmark

Tascam GigaCube?

I noted this elsewhere but thought it justified a topic. The latest (November!) edition of the Computer Music magazine has an advert for its sister magazine \'Future Music\'. To entice their readers to buy it they list the features and reviews of the forthcoming issue, to be published on October 3rd. Intriguingly they say that there will be a review of Tascam\'s GigaCube. It could be VSL\'s Orchestral Cube but I don\'t think so.

Reading between various lines it wouldn\'t surprise me if GS v3, or should I say GigaCube, will be released in October. Does the \'cube\' refer to a 3 sided programme of say sampler, sequencer and effects or synthesiser?

Perhaps I\'m just barking up the wrong tree, putting 2 and 2 together and making 5?

Isn\'t speculation fun [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] (futile and pointless!)

Re: Tascam GigaCube?

I can\'t believe something like V3 would make it to a magazine review without being leaked here first...

talk about coincidence...

I just picked up a pc magazine, thumbed to the video card reviews and was met by \"Gigacube, ATI Radeon 9800 pro\" - clearly a new brand of video card.

Hi Chadwick,

You\'re right it could be anything but it was in a music magazine and it did say Tascam.....are they into graphic cards? Certainly Future Music doesn\'t cover graphic cards to my knowledge. \"Gigacube, ATI Radeon 9800 pro\" in a PC magazine is definitely a graphic card though....can\'t disagree with that!

There are other bits and bobs which could also point to October...and it would be ideal for the Winter \'season\' (for us hobbyists). It was almost a year ago that I was hoping to be able to buy v3!! Doesn\'t time fly!

If I\'m wrong then it wouldn\'t be the first time!
    It is only speculation...I certainly don\'t know for sure!

At least it wasn\'t a photo of an old reel to reel [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Frank

You were half right [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

OK, how about this, from: http://www.knowledgemag.co.uk/studioequipment.asp?SectionID=1010&uid=&MagID=1049 &EquipID=1010&typeID=1000:

\"Tascam GigaCube sampling solution
    Tascam are making life even harder for the likes of Akai and EMU with the release of their GigaCube sampling solution. For your money you get a 2GHz PC running GigaStudio sampling software, 80Gb of sample space, soundcard and flat screen monitor. Chucked in for good measure are a shed-load of samples and a MIDI interface. This doesn\'t come cheap though, nearly £2,350 would make anyone think twice. Get the low-down from www.tascam.co.uk\"

Well, everyone\'s been asking for a Tascam approved Giga PC, and now they\'ll have it.

SSHHIIITT!!! Now I know why Gigastudio v3 is taking sooo long to develop!!! They are planning on streaming samples from video card instead of the HD!!! That\'s AWWWEESSSOOMMEEE!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ok... enough beer for me tonight... Later...

Jun - aka meeehoon

Go Back to forum