• Register
  • Help

Topic: Midi control surface - how to record...

Share/Bookmark

Midi control surface - how to record...

I\'m using cake9 with GSt.
    I arm a track for recording, click record in cake9, and start messing with the Midi Control Surface in GSt.
    Cake9, of course does not record any of my tweaking.
    How should I setup the software to properly record Midi Control Surface sliders?

Thanks.

Re: Midi control surface - how to record...

Hello Icon.
    If you have a controller slider on your keyboard you can assign midi parameters to it. It will control Gigastudio and be recorded in your sequencer program - that\'s how I do it with my Kurzweil K2000.

I do not know if there\'s an easy way to record midi changes from Gigastudio sliders.

Re: Midi control surface - how to record...

===========================================
    How should I setup the software to properly record Midi Control Surface sliders?
    ===========================================
    Well, you don\'t have to worry about Giga surface sliders during recording process. Basically, sliders will takes most of basic GM ctrl like Vol,Pan,velocity, etc. when you playback the cakewalk. ( According in MIDI events stored in Cakewalk). Perhaps after you have recorded-tracks in your sequencer, you can automate them any ways you want in the cakewalk mixer console as well (MIDI-CH, vol, pan, etc). That is the way how it works, I guess.
    Regards,
    LHong

Go Back to forum