• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga library-Aria player

Share/Bookmark

Giga library-Aria player

Maybe I am just dreaming..
    Somewhere on this Forum appeared that Giga samples can be translated so it could be used with Aria and GPO?
    I am an old Gigastudio user, gave up on it, purchased GPO, surprised and delighted with it, but some of the Giga libraries I spent so much money and time still beckoning...
    Hope?

Thanks

Ted

Re: Giga library-Aria player

Ted,

I used to use Gigastudio, and have tons of gig sound libraries, especially the GOS. I found a way to use those gig samples w/o using Gigastudio. I have to admit it took some time and was frustrating at moments. But all is well now.

I did not "convert" any of the gig files as you mentioned; I believe there is a program that can convert gig files into another format but read negative reviews of that process.

So now I use a program called G-Player. The program loads as a VST from your sequencer and can then load all your old gig files from there very similar to Gigastudio. It's basically like having Gigastudio - and you can load as many instances of the player that your computer can handle and have your full orchestra at the ready.

I have been using this set up for some time now and have had absolutely no problems.

Hope this helps...

Thanks a ot for answering. I do have GigaPlayer. It would run fine for me but I miss the results of convolutions. I think GPO and Aria Player sounds better than GigaPlayer, still, I use it sometimes for samples which are poor in GPO, for example the choir sound in GPO is very bad.
    Thanks again

Ted

Maybe someone would resent what I am to tell you, but here goes anyway : I have Kontakt 4, and it
    welcomes all my old Gigafiles, and have done so for years.
    Apparently there is going on some mysterious process before the gigafiles are loaded, since it takes a little
    longer than the ordinary Kontaktfiles to load. But after that there is no problem.
    Kontakt 4 costs money, but can play a lot of different instrument files, among them the Gigas.
    Still I feel pleased with also having Aria, espesially with the Instant Orchestra . By the way, Kontakt 4
    will not play the Garritan files ... Oyvind

Thanks, will look into it. The Kontakt player is advertised for download free, but I do not know if it would play Giga samples or not.
    Thanks a lot again

Ted

The Kontakt player will not play Giga files, only registered libraries designed to work with the player.

You must use the full Kontakt.

Jim

Go Back to forum