• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A good Drum Sample Library for Jazz and Metal

Share/Bookmark

A good Drum Sample Library for Jazz and Metal

Well I was thinking that the CD Drums from Kontakt it\'s okay but what about for GIGA, which ones are good?

Re: A good Drum Sample Library for Jazz and Metal

I spent a great deal of time researching Jazz kits and a really good kit for non-brush work is the Peter Erskine Living Drums Jazz kits. They\'re available from Sampleheads and can be downloaded. For brush kits, I like the Wizoo kits.

I can\'t really help with the metal kits. Sorry

Thanks but I forgot to say that I just need the samples and not drum performances so Peter Erskine is not for me

\"Thanks Lee Blaske\" I\'ll consider it but what I do is use some MIDI programs specially created for Drums like the MIDI Examples that comes with Cakewalk so that\'s why I\'m looking just for the drum samples.

\"leaping frog\" I\'ll listen that library tonight because I don\'t have good speakers or earphones here and then I\'ll tell you my opinion about it

\"Ray Lindsley\" what about Wizoo Platinum 24, any good?

\"Sharmy\" thanks for the links, I\'ll listen it later

Peter Erskine has performances, but I don\'t use them. It\'s mostly samples and that\'s what are so good. If you order them for download, you just order what you need, so you can just get the jazz kits and not get anything else. They\'re a bargain.

I\'ve gotten a lot of good use out of the sonic implants brush kit for jazzy stuff. it\'s not so good for metal tho, i think.

jd

Wizoo Platinum 24 is good and I use them for some things, but the problem with non-jazz samples is the ride cymbals. Jazz ride attacks usually use light sticks and a light touch. The Erskine library really gets the rides right and there are even some \"sizzle\" rides that have the rivets on the edge that sound good for certain songs. I also like the variey of articulations with the drums. The Wizoo are great all-around drums, but I find they just slightly miss the mark for me for jazz. But you can\'t really go wrong with them and they don\'t cost too much. I have TONS of drum samples and ,these days, I find myself using the Peter Erskine or Wizoo 99% of the time. I\'m very interested, though in checking out some of the newer trend towards offering more control over the miking. It seems there\'s some interesting stuff under development.

Thanks John, you reminded me. The Sonic Implant brush kit is very good for a brush jazz sound, I agree.

Oh, we cannot forget about Bob Clearmountain Drums 2. This is an incredible library that is extremely versatile. Not to mention, Bob Clearmountain is one of the best engineers in the world! Great library. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

For metal, you might want to try Drumkit from Hell. It has two different mike placements, close and room. Overall the kits are nicely recorded. I use it for non metal genres as well...
    It sells for about $95.00 (too bad they couldn\'t come up with a better title)

Go Back to forum