• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is there a modifier key in Windows...

Share/Bookmark

Re: Is there a modifier key in Windows...

I\'m sure there are freeware/shareware modifier tools for that, but...

... who uses a 1-button mouse on a PC, and why? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Maarten

I do, because my PC is only running GigaStudio, it\'s on a KVM switch with my Macs, and I like the 1-button Apple mouse.

The Power of Windows is the right mouse button. Get a separate mouse for your PC machine.

Is there a modifier key in Windows...

...for right/clicking when you\'re using a 1-button mouse?

More specifically, is there a way to unload just a single instrument from a Giga .gsp without using a 2-button mouse?

TIA

Thanks, but I have a separate mouse with a right button. I don\'t like it and want to get rid of it - hence my question. While I like the scroll wheel, the 1-button mouse doesn\'t force my wrist to turn inwards the way the 2-button mouse does, i.e. it\'s a more comfortable position for my arm (probably not everybody\'s, but mine). And I\'d rather not have two mice on my desk if it\'s not necessary.

Hitting a modifier key with the single button would let me access \"the power of Windows\" in a way that suits my eccentricities more comfortably, that\'s all. Not a huge deal.

Maybe take a look at www.girder.nl
    Not sure it can do anything with mice or non-sequencer programs, but perhaps...

Maarten

Thanks very much, Maarten. I\'ll give it a try.

Back when I was using Macs if you held down the option key and clicked it simulated a right-click, brought up the \"floating menu\" - not sure if this still works?

\"Shift + F10\" brings up the shortcut menu (same as right click).

Go Back to forum