• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Yet another piece

Share/Bookmark

Re: Yet another piece

Hey Falc,
    I\'m finding that the whole piece is weighing heavily to the left here. The first and second vios sound like they are probably in the right space but it also sounds like your violas are sandwiched in there with them. Try bringing them more center. I also am not detecting any cello working at all (unless it\'s in the higher registers and blending with the violas) which is what is making the whole right side empty to me. That pitzy c-bass sounds so alone alone over there at the moment. If you do have cellos working they could pretty much be where the c-bass is and then slide said pitzes a tad more right to fill out your stage.
    The reverb sounds good to me tho. The best attempt I\'ve heard this week
    You\'ve been a busy boy! Keep it up.

christianb

Hmm why are these strings out of tune? I don\'t know any library which is out of tune, except for the Prosonus GS version What did you do...? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi christian, thanks for your comments!

I have posted another version, following your comments: www.falcon-creations.com/mp3/nearermygood1a_mixdown1b.mp3

Actually cello is doubling c-bass pitzes.

Yes, I have been on \"rampage\". [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] And there\'s more to come. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Better , but still a slight list to portside for my tastes. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] As a purely artistic choice, I would try to throw in a low cello track that compliments the viola or second vio.and bring the pitz cello up an octave. Or hey, get crazy and let the seconds double the pitz c-bass too. The firsts and a cello would carry the melody just fine on their own. Just tossing it out there.

Now that Simon mentioned it....?
    Simon, if you come back. I have heard tell of european Orchs tuning to 44-something rather than 440. Is this reflected in certain libraries? On occasion I have noticed some bit of inconsistancies in that regard when blending different libs. My solution to that is, I don\'t blend those two patches. Just curious however.

keep chugging Falc

christianb

Christian, ok I\'ll try some more settings. It seems to be difficult to get the perfect mix, maybe it\'s just because I haven\'t mixed many tracks before. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Yes, that\'s true some orhestra\'s tune on 442 or 444 if I remember correctly.

The \"out of tune\" could be because I\'m using exp patches on viola and 1st violin? However, when do you get strings to sound exactly in same pitch? So I think this just gives this additional realism - It\'s the viola players fault, they can\'t tune anyway. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Having said that, it\'s so little that my ears don\'t hurt because of it - maybe I have heard too many school string orchestras. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Of course, this piece is extremely revealing and I haven\'t heard other libs putting out such revealing demos - am I wrong?

NB. maybe I will hear it differently tommorrow after some rest for my ears. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Originally posted by falcon1:

Of course, this piece is extremely revealing and I haven\'t heard other libs putting out such revealing demos - am I wrong?

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes you\'re wrong and I never experienced any library being this much out of tune. It\'s rather severe - don\'t know how that happened.

Hi Simon, uppsss... I notice it now - after small break. Hmmm... I need to find out what\'s causing this. Seems to be maybe little offset or something which are causing this out of tune. Maybe the translation of the viola patch (I think it\'s the viola which are causing this!) went wrong. I\'m using Kontakt.

I\'ll try tomorrow to import the patch again and see what happens.

Ahh it\'s a conversion. That must be it then.

Originally posted by christianb:

Now that Simon mentioned it....?
    Simon, if you come back. I have heard tell of european Orchs tuning to 44-something rather than 440. Is this reflected in certain libraries? On occasion I have noticed some bit of inconsistancies in that regard when blending different libs. My solution to that is, I don\'t blend those two patches. Just curious however.

christianb
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I think it\'s only an old version of Miroslav which was using A=442 hz - I think V2 retuned it to 440 like all other libraries.

Ok, I tested it using only one tone - and I found out that it were the viola patches which seems to be too low (about 0.08 - 0.1 semi). Is it somehow possible to correct it without loosing tempo?
    Yea, it is probably the conversion.

Go Back to forum