• Register
  • Help

Topic: BIG Problem with "LATENCY".... Help!

Share/Bookmark

BIG Problem with "LATENCY".... Help!

Oh man, I,ve been having BIG problems with \"Latency\" in my GigaStudio 160.... I mean, there\'s such a delay between the actual notes being played and the sound being heard... it\'s causing me major headaches! Here\'s my set-up:

GigaStudio 160 (version 2.52)
    Windows XP Pro
    Echo Mia Sound Card
    Cakewalk Pro Audio 9

My computer has:
    ASUS P4PE Intel (Chipset 533Mhz)
    Pentium 4 processor 2.4 GHz
    60 Gig Hard Drive for programs
    (Two) 120 Gig Hard Drives for Giga Sounds (RAID)

I have worked with the buffer settings in Cakewalk PA 9 and thought that would help... also, I\'ve tried changing the GigaStudio settings... still no luck! The latency problem happens even when Cakewalk PA9 is not running... so, I think it must have something to do with the GigaStudio or maybe the MIA soundcard. I have also tried changing the settings in the MIA soundcard with no luck. What a \"pain in the butt.\" Can ya\'ll give me some help with this problem... please! The latency has nothing to do with the number of Giga files loaded into GigaStudio... it also happens when I have only \"one\" sound loaded into the sampler.... like \"grand piano\" for example. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much, Gary [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: BIG Problem with "LATENCY".... Help!

Anyone????????

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: BIG Problem with "LATENCY".... Help!

Hi Gary,

This rig should work fine. Very odd. Someone posted some issue with the Echo Mia, but I don\'t have any of those so it\'s hard for me to comment there. I have Gina 24s, Layla 24s, and Layla 20s, and they all work fine.

How are you getting MIDI into GigaStudio?

What happens if you try streaming off your non-RAID drive?

Do you have any other software synthesizers that can be used to troubleshoot the basic system?

Go Back to forum