• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hymn satz (using ah patch of VOTA)

Hymn satz (using ah patch of VOTA)

Hi all,

First the url: http://www.honnun.com/mp3/nearer.mp3

I thought it would be good idea to post something other than \"hardcore\" cinema music, using small amount of VOTA power. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m sure that all people here will know what hymn this is, though I didn\'t have enough computer power to let the VOTA choir speak the words of the hymn. So I needed to use ah women patch instead. Hope it\'s ok.

Btw. sorry for the pops/clicks, I\'m unfortunatly still using SoundBlaster Live. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Any comments about mixing, harmonization etc. are welcomed. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Btw. the organ is from G-Town.

-- EDIT! --------

I\'ve posted a new MP3 which has a brand new horn discant (BOB). Check it out!

The url to that version: http://www.honnun.com/mp3/nearer1b.mp3

-- Edit ends ----

Re: Hymn satz (using ah patch of VOTA)

hey stephan. You could add some spectrasonic vinyl scratches to layer onto the clicks and pops, EQ all the deep end out and say it was an old 78 rpm that you found!

nice little ditty

hey Christian,

that\'s good idea. Damn, why didn\'t I think of that? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Btw. I don\'t know if anyone noticed that I\'ve edited the initial message and posted a version with a horn (BOB) discant.

Please tell me what you all think.

Even though I was jesting yesterday, I just re-read and re-listened, and there is an interesting concept there! Starting it out REAL scratchy, maybe even a little warp sound, and then slowly fading in clarity and sonics as more instruments are layered on, until the clouds part and the Lord, or Allah, or whoever, reaches down and scoops us away from this mortal coil. VOTA just makes me feel that way! Of course you\'ll need a harp or two!

Like the horn...noble sounding. If you were to expand on the slow layering of instruments, I\'d bring it in a measure early, but nice

ps thanks for putting up Judas a couple of weeks ago, you can dump it if you haven\'t yet, I got a couple of megs at my server now.

Damn, I don\'t have good harp samples. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I\'ll keep your idea and maybe do it when I\'ve some harps and more quality instruments which I can add.

BOB is great, though I love the trumpets and horns most. The trombones and tuba are also great, don\'t get me wrong.

You\'re welcome! Always pleasure to help people. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Btw. thanks for your comments!

We sing this hymn every Sunday after the initial prayer. I don\'t know the name since they sing it in Korean.

so sweet sing the angels... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum