• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: FREE Violin Solo Download

Share/Bookmark

FREE Violin Solo Download

Only a 5th in range, but has the same (not ALL) samples. However, These samples are the shorter samples. The longer sustained ones come with the full version.

Enjoy.
    http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/downloads.html

Re: FREE Violin Solo Download

Kirk,

I just tried it out. I\'ve heard from a few friends that they don\'t like the overall tone of your strings in general, but even with this little selection I love them. I remember a viola demo you posted a while back (at least I think it was you) and the darker tone of yours over most over selections sold me there.

I\'m fixing to start working another job (gotta love going for 50-60 hours a week [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ) and you can be sure that I\'ll try to get these along with SI strings when I can. However, no offense, but SAM Bones have to come first [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Are you sampling a solo contrabass as well? I know that not many developers sample one, and fewer write for them, but it would be nice to get one with your treatment.

BTW: I just tried to download the trumpet demo patch -- it\'s giving me a file not found. The violin and french horn do work however.

Originally posted by Russ:
    Kirk,

BTW: I just tried to download the trumpet demo patch -- it\'s giving me a file not found. The violin and french horn do work however.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The trumpet patch is back online..

Best,
    Kirk
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com

Kirkhunter,

can you give us a free demo patch of your (orchestral) strings? I badly need some good string sounds, so I\'m in buying mode. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

And what about woodwinds, do you have plans to sample them?

Btw. I\'m gona play with this solo violin patch some more and get back to you with my thoughts.

Originally posted by chocothrax:
    Hello,

Uhhh when I click download free solo violin I get some page that shows up and spews jive talk, is that supposed to happen?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">If the download does not work and you\'re getting a page loading up with a bunch of characters, then try to right-click the link and do a \"save target as...\" or \"save link as...\" and then select where you want the file to download.

As far as sample patches of orchestral strings...
    Is there anything in particular you\'d like to hear? The orchestral strings\' programming is so huge that to make a small patch would require a lot of intruments.. So if you have some favorite articulation or something, let me know, and I\'ll try to make some for you.

Best,
    Kirk Hunter

Kirkhunter,

I just love the Violin demo and I think it shows well the quality which we can expect from the full version.
    If I would buy it now, will I get the Viola and Cello when that\'s availble without extra cost? In other words complete lib. on $249?
    Btw. Will you make solo-bass?

Also, I did a search for threads about your libs and in this thread you are talking about update on your Virtuoso Series Strings lib.
    What\'s the status of that one? Do you plan to give, customers who have the current lib., a discount or something on the new Virtuoso Series Strings?

Btw. I noticed you have two players patch in the current Virtuoso Series Strings. Isn\'t that bad?
    Most conductors I\'ve talked with say: \"One or three violins are fine but two violins not so good\". Maybe it\'s different with samples, and of course the oppinions are various.

Enough for now.

Originally posted by falcon1:
    Kirkhunter,

I just love the Violin demo and I think it shows well the quality which we can expect from the full version.
    If I would buy it now, will I get the Viola and Cello when that\'s availble without extra cost? In other words complete lib. on $249?
    Btw. Will you make solo-bass?

Also, I did a search for threads about your libs and in this thread you are talking about update on your Virtuoso Series Strings lib.
    What\'s the status of that one? Do you plan to give, customers who have the current lib., a discount or something on the new Virtuoso Series Strings?

Btw. I noticed you have two players patch in the current Virtuoso Series Strings. Isn\'t that bad?
    Most conductors I\'ve talked with say: \"One or three violins are fine but two violins not so good\". Maybe it\'s different with samples, and of course the oppinions are various.

Enough for now.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, you get the whole solo string library (for the ONE price of 249 US) as it\'s updated. All updates are automatically sent. Currently, the bulk of the violin, viola and cello are done. Additionally, there will be a double bass solo as well.

The new string ensembles are stil very far from completion. Not until the very end of the year at the soonest. Discounts will most likely be available to current users of the Virtuoso Series Strings ver. 1. (the currently-available version)

2 players per note is great. At least I thought so. It was primarily designed to be used as a layer over the larger sections to give a certain three-dimensionality to the sound.

I hope that answers your questions. Feel free to ask more if you need.

Best,
    Kirk Hunter

After downloading the demo gigs(I was forced to use the \"save target as...\")all the gigs are copied to my harddisk as blablabla.gig.txt. Trying to open them results in wordpad crashing.
    Wordpad is unable to read megabites of\"gibberish\".
    I was expecting the downloadfiles to be gig files
    or rar- or zipfiles. There not. Wat must I do.
    Please help me, Kirk Hunter, you are my only hope.

Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    After downloading the demo gigs(I was forced to use the \"save target as...\")all the gigs are copied to my harddisk as blablabla.gig.txt.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Rename blablabla.gig.txt to blablabla.gig and it should work.

Thanks Sovereign, it worked. I\'m gonna try them
    right now.I\'m kinda curious! Thanks again.

Go Back to forum