• Register
  • Help

Topic: multiple .gig files in GS160 instrument editor

Share/Bookmark

multiple .gig files in GS160 instrument editor

I\'m trying to import the .WAVs from several .GIG files to work with them all at the same time. BUT, in the editor, you can only import one .GIG, even though you can import as many wav files as you want to. This doesn\'t make sense to me. Is there another way to break down .GIG files into their .wavs and then import the wavs??
    I did a search for this topic, and found that a year ago, people were asking about this and Dave said the only way to get around it was exporting the wavs in one .gig, and importing them to the other, OR using the \"combine to gig\" function of the Sconverter (if using Akai samples). He also said that later versions would deal with this.
    Does GS160 have a better way that I am missing?
    Thanks for info,
    K.

Re: multiple .gig files in GS160 instrument editor

I agree with this. Nemesys should look into this.

For example lets create a GM bank of the best sounds we have. I have done this but what a pain, Open a GIG copy all samples from one Paste into GM samples. go back and Copy Instrument and paste into GM bank.

SpIkE

Here is a stupid solution, you might find the needs for you. See this site: http://www.fmjsoft.com/awavestudio.html
    Regards,
    LHong

You simply open the various gig files at the same time in GSEdit, then drag and drop instruments from the gigs to the Instrument Bank you want to add them to.

thanks, Bill, I\'ll try this.

Go Back to forum