• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: This library is going to totally blow away everything else!!!!

Share/Bookmark

This library is going to totally blow away everything else!!!!

Blast!!!

We had plans to do this kind of product too, but geez....no point now! No way we can compete with this kind of thing.

http://www.sospubs.co.uk/sos/apr03/articles/sample_rare.htm

Well, I\'m happy at least that these areas are being covered in more detal now....about time!

We are going to have to completely revamp our project now.....grrrrrrr.......

spectrum
    (aka:EP from Spectrasonics)

Re: This library is going to totally blow away everything else!!!!

Wow - this is a must have. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Hope it has some samples from these instruments:
    http://www.oddmusic.com/gallery/index.html

I agree....It\'s pretty genius stuff.

I\'ll pass that info on to Dave, he\'ll probably be totally into offering the instruments on that site as free upgrades. He\'s mentioned that he\'s commited to offering free upgrades to the library for at least the first decade that its available....too. Again, this is just something that we can\'t even come close to offering.

He lucked into working with a whole bunch of eccentric millionare types, who don\'t care if this project turns a profit or not....they all just want hi definition, 24 bit 192k versions of these instruments.

This is also the first library that I\'m aware of that has chromatic sampling AND 127 levels of velocity switching! They really spared no expense.

They\'ve also got access to some incredible technology that they are using with the Vinyl edition. Definitely one of the most remarkable and original ideas I\'ve seen in the sample library business in years.

They are also experimenting with this \"audio spotlight\" technology for doing a unique, \"directed 7.1 surround\" thing. Check it out...this technology actually beat out the Segway in some of last years science journals.

http://www.holosonics.com/technology.html
    http://www.atcsd.com/tl_hss.html

Amazing stuff!

spectrum

awww Steve, why did you have to go and do that? I just spent an hour at that site! Love the thumb piano. I wish there was a demo for the two headed violin tho. Did you see the picture?

Much laughs
    thanks

christianb

awww Steve, why did you have to go and do that? I just spent an hour at that site! Love the thumb piano. I wish there was a demo for the two headed violin tho. Did you see the picture?

Much laughs
    thanks

christianb

The man is a genius. Finally I get a sample of a glass cymbal that I can play more than once!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Scott.

What\'s the web address to this library please?

Originally posted by Lee Blaske:
    So I take it April 1st arrives a bit earlier in your part of the world. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Be skeptical all you like...you\'ll see. Remember that you guys didn\'t believe that VSL was real either when you first heard about it.....I\'m telling you, this is in a completely different league!

spectrum

I can\'t get the link to work!!

Could somebody tell me what you are all talking about??!!

hehe, my calendar must be running slow...

Go Back to forum