• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rain on the Prairie, End of the Drought composition

Share/Bookmark

Rain on the Prairie, End of the Drought composition

Here's a new composition written into finale/garritan that was inspired by several of my favorite composers : steve reich, bill frisell, eberhard weber, and metheny/mays. tried to make use of some repetitive melodic motifs.

Side note: does anyone here have any advice on where to find some good jazz brush kit VSTs for free. I was thinking of getting the whole jazz band package but i want to wait until i know more about orchestration/ big band part writing before i try and utilize that.

Re: Rain on the Prairie, End of the Drought composition

Very nice. I like how the piece kept evolving in unexpected ways. The music definately evoked a vibe or feel. Nice visual images too. I could imagine a female country vocalist with a warm tone singing legato lines over some of those grooves.

Some nice Aaron Copeland-like feelings at times. Good work. By the way, how do you get your music right into the forum? I have mine on a website. did you embed it? I've heard of that, but not sure how to do it. Cakewalk Sonar has a way to it, I think, called Cakewalk Publisher, but it's very complicated.

michael diemer
    Last edited by michael diemer; 01-10-2013 at 12:45 AM. Reason: had a technical question

thanks michael, glad you enjoyed this one. Not sure why but i've never looked into Copeland's works other than indirectly through bill frisell. (Listening now to Copeland's 'theme from our town' via youtube - definitely hear some strong similarities in terms of harmony though)

To feature the music directly through the forum, i just clicked the "insert video" feature in the thread post toolbar and attached the web address of the video from which i had already posted onto youtube. So in terms of just sound without video, im not really sure the best way to do that (i would just post a link to soundcloud or something).

have a good day, thanks for the feedback

Go Back to forum