• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: how about a little light in the dark?

Share/Bookmark

how about a little light in the dark?

I was just thinking, in light of the recent woes in the world [not to mention on this site! :-) ] maybe all you fine composers out there would be willing to trudge through your pasts and share some embarrassing early works. While I doubt anyone can come up with anything as satisfying as the sheer genious of the Kazoo Files, I am fairly certain that with a little digging we can all come up with something downright humiliating. As I only started composing about three months ago anything I write already falls neatly into that category! But, if pressed, I will find something particularly shameful to share!!

In the name of good clean mockery
    Come one, come all

don\'t disappointment a newbie guys!

...so who\'s gonna be first??

christianb

Re: how about a little light in the dark?

LOLOL!!
    THAT\"S what I\'m I\'m talking about!!! Please...let\'s hear it. Come on everybody else. Mr. King Idiot, I know you are gifted with an abundance of good humor as well as chops, bring it on....

christianb

by tomorrow I\'ll be forced to put up \"SIAM\"...
    ...you\'ll see

LOL!!!

Sharmy, thats the funiest piece ive heard.... anywhere! But not because its bad, because its funny!!! I want to hear the rest of it! I like it! Its funny!
    lol

Ed

SEE!!! I told you this could be fun! Craig, I agree w/ Ed, I love it. Maybe not \"newsy\" enough for some of your bigger networks, but I want to hear every last plaintive warble! Keep \'em coming. I gotta go master mine for tomorrow. : - )

christianb

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

jeez, just check the lame music at my MP3.com site.

However I still ahve the first orchestral piece I ever tried to write somewhere......man its cheesy sounding. I\'ll upload it somewhere

I\'ve also got some great rock tune demos around, but some of those I actually want to finish, like a cover of a Duran Duran song that has slipped under the radar of most Karaoke places [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hmmm, first piece I\'ve ever written.... I\'ve only been writing music for about two years.

It was for string orchestra actually, and like Sharmy I have no formal training, but I have self-taught myself from an extensive library (which says why my gigas aren\'t extensive -- all the d@mn money has went to the books :Ş )

When I get back home I\'ll boot up my server and send a link here. However, be warned -- the lovely sounds of just getting into soundfonts will make you scream in terror [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Sharmy:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It was for string orchestra actually, and like Sharmy I have no formal training, but I have self-taught myself from an extensive library (which says why my gigas aren\'t extensive -- all the d@mn money has went to the books :fl )
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Russ,....Uh......where did you get that idea?
    Maybe it just sounds like it..........oh well.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Oh sorry mate! I had just woken up I believe and I was looking at chocothrax, saw your name in a post above, and just plugged it on. No offense meant and I hoped you didn\'t take it as such [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

ok. here we go. Imagine if you would, thwacking your way through the dense bamboo forests of ancient Siam with your trusy manservant Pakoo at your side, but wait... whats all that noise??? The natives are definitely restless! Please hang in there for the; what I like to call \"asian bendy string thing\" , solo in the second half. Courtesy of the Akai download site, my only source of samples until recently! This was maybe the fourth or fifth ditty I played around with when learning the ins and outs of Logic Audio. enjoy.

http://www.novustelecom.com/~bocher/siam.mp3

..and if anyone is not doing anything today feel free to take a peek at a few more (not as bad...I don\'t think?!)

http://www.novustelecom.com/~bocher/wartorn.html

Oh and Craig, (I still have the giggles!) What were the bone samples used in your musical ouevre? Some very nice melancholic glisses, or was that excellent use of a pitch bend wheel, or were you just really plastered?

Chocothrax! Must hear \"Dog, Cat Fiasco\" I can\'t even type the title w/o laughing!

Thanks for playing along guys (and dolls..I know you\'re out there)

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

christianb

EDIT: just took a peek at what I had on my site and it\'s a mixed bag more for friends than peers, the one\'s with any critiqueable qualities would be The Cube and Last Ride. Thanks

I have a bunch of **** around here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

To start with I have the worst boyband ever.
    It consisted of 4 people:

1) The front person who couldn\'t sing in tune if his life depended on it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

2) The other guy who had to drink a 6-pack of beers before he could even enter the studio. He had mic-fright.

3) The \"bass\" who had the deepest voice, and also the most out of tune one. He was later kicked from the band.

4) A friend of the front guy, who was in on it just because he thought he\'d be famous. Unfortunately he didn\'t get further than two words into the verse before I fired his arse [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

All in all it was fun.

They never made it to the billboards but they made complete fools of themselves, and gave me a good laugh.

This is one of the songs I had to produce for them. I\'m not as ashamed as they should be, but I can\'t exactly call it a stellar production [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

http://finjaco.home.online.no/SHINE_-_WAITING_FOR_THE_SUMMER.MP3

Then there\'s the petproject with me and a friend. We decided to make a collection of oldies, sung by us. We are both terrible singers. The compilation was called \"TJ & friends sing old classics\"

First up was \"Fly Me to the Moon\":

http://finjaco.home.online.no/Jazz2k_-_Fly_Me_To_The_Moon.mp3

Then he thought we needed to widen the market by adding a german version, which he did:

http://finjaco.home.online.no/Keb_-_Flieg_mich_zum_Mond.mp3

We also did \"Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings\" which I\'ll upload if people want to torture themselves even more [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

One of my ex-girlfriends wanted to sing on a song so I did this one :

http://finjaco.home.online.no/Ingrid_-_When_Im_Coming_Back_Again.mp3

She never sang again.

Enjoy the \"songs\"!

Thomas

Hehe,

Good fun.

Thomas, that\'s my favorite rendition of \"Fly me to the Moon\" you\'re butchering there. You should\'ve kept the piano intro, Oscar Peterson starting off as if he were doing a Bach Invention...

Go Back to forum