• Register
  • Help

Topic: A lighter note...or notes

A lighter note...or notes

Here\'s a little something to lighten up the rather gloomy tone of recent posts (maybe).

<font size=\"+1\">Corea </font>

Re: A lighter note...or notes

These vibes sound just like my Musser M75! I like your mallet selection on these samples. Sounds great! I have been a professional vibe man for quite a few years, in addition to piano and accordion. I really love the sound of the drums as well. A most convincing sampled instrument performance!

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio

Thanks Kip,

It\'s a pretty raw mix. And it\'s all dry.

Check your email.

I think this sounds freaking great

but thats me.

Hey, thanks King.

Donnie just uploaded a new mix. Click the original link to hear.

Cool stuff Sharmy. Thanks for the link.

Le me say: BIG 5 stars for the vibes : )

And the drums!! You must tell us, Sean, about the drums!! Is this the mysterious DSSoundware unreleased drum kits?

And lastly, congrats, Donnie, on lovely demos of the London strings. I heard those today at Big Fish audio and am mighty mighty impressed with those strings. And 4 instruments, 9 Gigs at $500, can it get better?

Now spill the beans about those drums, Sean! The vibes are your killer library but the drums, I can\'t indentify.

nice link! A little bit in the Step Aheads direction... I enjoyed it. Thanks

Thanks for the kind words Marty. The marimba is from the same library. The bass marimba is an instrument Donnie did (not in the Marimba/Vibes library). The drums . . . hmmmmm . . . well . . . just a little general midi kit I threw togeter. As such it is only right hand samples in the demo. Using both hands they are better. Future product? Mmmmmaybe . . .

Sean, Is this part played using a drum kit midi controller?

Even though I can hear the limitations of the samples (since they are only right handed, as you say), the part played sounds like someone doing it rather live and not step-recorded. Did you use a kit and play it live?

Nope, the drums are just sequenced in. Also, the later mix does not have the bass marimba. All Christian and Lane vibes/marimba samples.

Go Back to forum