• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: what mixing & mastering software?

what mixing & mastering software?

Hi all, just want to know what software you are using to mixing and mastering your pieces. Also what features should any good m&m software have?

Re: what mixing & mastering software?

Vegas for both. Do a search on Vegas at this board and there should be lots of info on it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I enjoy using samplitude pro 7.x. It, to me at least, has the best sounding effects (reverb, etc) and mixes the cleanist out of all of the programs. Its clock is as accurate as there is. Samplitude is arguably the \"best sounding\" DAW (which I agree). However, as someone else stated on this forum some time back: a good mix is a good mix regardless of the DAW--which is true. There is nothing wrong with Vegas...this is just my opinion. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I´m absolutely happy with Nuendo (especially 2.0) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] (Ex Pro tools user) and the Steinberg support is one in a million.

Alaia S.

I recently stepped on this site:

Anyone is using it or having an opinion on it how it compares to the more \"pro\" tools around (for the price 50/70 bucks)?

Thanks in advance,

I mix everything down in Cubase SX. I use Wavelab to master.

My advise is, try not to master! Try mixing as hard and as good as possible. The more plugs you use during mastering (for so-called enhancements) the more bits you\'ll lose from your original signal which will result in a more grainy listening experience.

Alex Cremers

Sometimes you need to do something to the whole mix that you can\'t do to individual tracks. It\'s a different sound, and I don\'t see mastering as a bad thing at all. It doesn\'t have to add grain.

Mastering is also the stage where you make several pieces of music work relative to each other. That\'s not something you can do while you\'re mixing.

The other thing is that if you\'re mixing in a DAW, mastering doesn\'t have to be something you do to a stereo file. You can do it before bouncing the final mix to disk.

Pro Tools, but thinking about Cubase SX.

Mastering in a separate Pro Tools session using Waves Masters Bundle.

- Mark

Definetly Samplitude 7.XX

Go Back to forum