• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Copyright release form

Share/Bookmark

Copyright release form

Make Music has just now requested that everyone who submitted a piece of music sign a copyright release form.

I need all of you to send me a personal message or an email with your email address so Make Music can send the release form to you.

This may be the straw that breaks the camel's back with this year's Christmas project.
    Dan

Re: Copyright release form

Dan, since we can't edit our subject lines, it could be helpful to post this again with "Christmas CD - IMPORTANT time critical info! - release form needed!," - something like that, so more contributors would have a chance to notice. This thread titled "Copyright release form" sounds like it could be just a general discussion about copyright issues, since there's no specific reference to the Christmas CD.

I know you're very bummed out right now, Dan - everyone seeing this news surely is - I'm hoping to be helpful.

Randy

I wonder why so late with this information request? I happily responded with a PM to Dan when I received this request in a PM from him moments ago. It sounds like MM is making a mountain out of a mole hill or just CYAing.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

I just finished sending everyone a personal message.
    I only need the following emails...

Gary Aubry
    Mark Leneker
    Norman Nelson
    Sander Sokk

Just sent my e-mail address to Dan.

Norman

Done!

Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

I got everyone's email sent to Make Music except for Mark Leneker and Sander Sokk

Dan

Dan,

Is Make Music asking us to sign over copyright of our songs/arrangements to them?

As listed, I am offering an original again this year. No way am I going to sign over copyright of my original song to them .. NO WAY man.

If this is the case, then I'm out!!!! My song must be withdrawn.

If this isn't the case and there is a different meaning to this form then I would like clarification on exactly what we are being asked to sign.

Thanks Dan.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    I just finished sending everyone a personal message.
    I only need the following emails...

Gary Aubry
    Mark Leneker
    Norman Nelson
    Sander Sokk
    I didn't get a personal message Dan.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Hi Michael,
    I already had your email address which is why I didn't send you a personal message.
    Make Music is not going to own the rights to your song.

Make music will be emailing you the release form, so you can read it first and go from there.

Dan

Go Back to forum