• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS Lite playback - help!

Share/Bookmark

GOS Lite playback - help!

Hi all
    I seem to have a problem with getting good playback of the library - I am trying to use the strings in a midi file which has note values ranging from semiquaver to semibreve. However, the faster the notes get (especially on the semiquaver tremolos) the quieter they get. Am I using the wrong setting or do I need to do something to the library?
    (Or am I just thick?! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] )
    Cheers
    Lloyd

Re: GOS Lite playback - help!

Originally posted by Lloyd Buck:
    Hi all
    I seem to have a problem with getting good playback of the library - I am trying to use the strings in a midi file which has note values ranging from semiquaver to semibreve. However, the faster the notes get (especially on the semiquaver tremolos) the quieter they get. Am I using the wrong setting or do I need to do something to the library?
    (Or am I just thick?! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] )
    Cheers
    Lloyd
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No you\'re not thick Lloyd. It\'s down to the attacks of the samples being quite slow I think. For the faster notes, try making the note durations longer and shifting the note ons forward in time so they are earlier in the track. It\'s often surprising how many ticks forward you need to move notes until they \"bite\". By doing this you are getting to the meat of the notes and not just triggering the slow initial attack.

Thanks -can you explain how I do this? I am still a newbie to G/S and GOS!
    Thanks
    Lloyd

I dont think you should be using standard sustains for tremolos.

Also there is an attack control with I believe GPC-1 (not sure about the lite version)

I personally think the GOS attacks are a bit too fast, I\'d actually like them slower, its just that you need faster stuff for legato

Originally posted by Lloyd Buck:
    Thanks -can you explain how I do this? I am still a newbie to G/S and GOS!
    Thanks
    Lloyd
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Lloyd

You don\'t need to do anything in Gigastudio but you need to shift the position of the notes in your sequencer ahead of the beat and you will probably need to lengthen the notes so they have time to sound. If the note that is triggering the tremelos is very short, the sample simply doesn\'t have time to sound fully because it has a slow attack or to put it another way, due to the way the note is played it takes time to get up to full volume.
    If you slow the tempo of your song right down you will probably find you can hear the notes again.

At least I think this is what your problem is!

Go Back to forum