• Register
  • Help

Topic: Installation Cleanup

Share/Bookmark

Installation Cleanup

Hi, I've been a (Mac) GPO customer for a while. I haven't used it much lately but I'm coming back to it.

On my hard drive, I have a "Garritan Personal Orchestra" folder in my Applications folder. This is from GPO1, later upgraded to KP1. I can't even launch the apps in here. I do have Kontakt Player 2.2.4 that loads in the KP1 patches. Can I just delete this "Garritan Personal Orchestra" directory or do I need something in it?

Also, can the nks files be stored on an external hard drive (gigabit ethernet; about as fast as firewire) or is that too slow?

Re: Installation Cleanup

Quote Originally Posted by tangrams View Post
    Hi, I've been a (Mac) GPO customer for a while. I haven't used it much lately but I'm coming back to it.

On my hard drive, I have a "Garritan Personal Orchestra" folder in my Applications folder. This is from GPO1, later upgraded to KP1. I can't even launch the apps in here. I do have Kontakt Player 2.2.4 that loads in the KP1 patches. Can I just delete this "Garritan Personal Orchestra" directory or do I need something in it?

Also, can the nks files be stored on an external hard drive (gigabit ethernet; about as fast as firewire) or is that too slow?
    You don't say, but I'm guessing you mean you now have the current GPO - that's version 4 that plays in ARIA? If so, then yes, you can remove that older version.

I don't know if nks files work well from an external drive, to reply to your second question.

Randy

Go Back to forum