• Register
  • Help

Topic: Samples/sounds/instruments advice

Re: Samples/sounds/instruments advice

Hi! I would deffently recomend getting The Advanced Version of Garriton Strings and Giga 160 bundle at this site GOS

it is cheaper to get both together at Gary\'s site compared to purchasing both separately, plus you get free updates which if memory serves me right i believe there are 4 cd\'s so far! listen to the demos on his site and they will make your jaw drop [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] also the sam horns are great i just purchased like 2 weeks ago and I\'m really happy with them!

Samples/sounds/instruments advice

I will be purchasing gigastudio 160 in the fall. I won\'t have a ton of money to put into sounds (meaning, I\'ll have hundreds, not thousands.)

So I\'m looking for advice on samples to get.

What I want is orchestral. I\'d really like to get a good orchestral CD with good sounds. Then, over the years, add specialized sounds (like those beautiful SAM horns *drool*) bit by bit.

So, any recommendations as to good orchestral collections I should get.

Also, any other recommendations (other than SAM horns *drool*) that are must haves?

Does no one else have any advice for me?

Garritan and Sonic Implants both have mini versions of their string libraries. I believe both provide an upgrade path to the bigger versions.
    Sam Horns provides the biggest and best bang for the buck, by far. They have a new trombone library coming out, too.

If you are starting with nothing, and want an orchestral palette, on a low budget, then the full Advanced Orchestra set is still worth considering, imho. You get a broad selection of instruments to work(learn?) with and a reasonable number of articulations for each. It\'s not perfect or the best but it is usable, easy to learn and to work with and it\'s relatively affordable.

Id do a search on this forum for orchestral samples, there are about 10-15 threads that ask the same question you are [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    Id do a search on this forum for orchestral samples, there are about 10-15 threads that ask the same question you are [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks. I\'ll do that.

Go Back to forum