• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Announcing the Vienna Vegetable Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Re: Announcing the Vienna Vegetable Orchestra

Turnip sections and solo cabbages? Will you record the lettuce with and without vinegarette?

When you say \"Previous experience of working with vegetables is highly desirable, particularly in a musical setting\", does lobbing tomatoes at a Bay City Rollers tribute concert count?

When you say \"Previous experience of working with vegetables is highly desirable, particularly in a musical setting\", does lobbing tomatoes at a Bay City Rollers tribute band count?

I insist on biologically cultivated vegetables. Everything else would be unprofessional!

You know, just because *some* people don\'t play \"traditional\" instruments is no reason for you guys to start cracking jokes about us! That\'s incredibly rude, and shows incredibly poor taste and a lack of culture on your part.
    I have been a professional musician for 21 years now. My parents first started me out on Rhubarb when I was 4, and I am told I was quite the Child Prodigy. I later moved on to Arugula when I was 8 and won the \"Young Leafy-Vegetable Player of the Year\" award at the 12th Hamburg Vegetables for the Arts Festival at the ripe age of ten. I have since been a featured Vegetable Soloist on numerous albums and film soundtracks inlcuding 1st Roma on the \"Attack of the Killer Tomatoes\" score, and in a bit of a departure, I played a wedge of Swiss Cheese for \"Stuart Little Returns.\" I don\'t usually do dairy, but the Director was a family friend and wouldn\'t take no for an answer.
    So, gentlemen, in closing...please don\'t mock that which you don\'t understand. We are all brothers, we musicians, and I\'d take a Kosher Dill over a Stradivarius any day of the week.
    -Hudson

Originally posted by Jake Johnson:
    Turnip sections and solo cabbages? Will you record the lettuce with and without vinegarette?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Sorry to say you\'re late, but of course we _do_ work on the smell-thing already! ;-)

[... always heading for the impossible ...]

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Cracked me up Hudson - what a great start to the day [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Cucumbers up for that one Hud.

No meat allowed - Chris

Well Andyt,

You are in luck !
    As some of you know by reading what my day job is, I am a framing carpenter as well as a fine wood worker . I have turned many carrots down , on my wood lathe , into fine flutes and recorders . Apples have worked out well using my router to make an excellent ocarina . I have also made kazoo\'s using celery and a thin piece of iceberg lettuce. An other neat instrument I have made was an Indian snake charmers horn using a very straight and long cucumber , a tomatoe and two pieces of sugar cane stalk for the reeds . I actually got the idea from when I turned down a cucumber on my lathe for a clarinet . You would also be amazed by my string vegetable instruments . I only use the finest corn stalk hairs for my bows and strings . Now I know this is getting a little out of the vegetable group but the body of my banjo\'s are made of a pumpkin and a bread stick . Of course you wouldn\'t use it in a vegetable orchestra but hey, maybe you can market it on an ethnic sound sample cd.

Well these are just a few of my projects and if you contact me I will give you a list of my complete product line .

Looking forward to doing business with you .
    And for all you that don\'t know when to jump on the opportunity wagon, \" The future is for those who take it.\"

Sincerely,
    88fingers. [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wonderful topic. However it rises one critical question that exposes a flaw in your thesis:

How would you create a cymbal sound from a combined set of vegetables?

If this question can be answered. I am sure you will not only create a killer library - you will also stand first in row for the next Nobel Prize in biology.

Think about it.

Love - Chris

Go Back to forum