• Register
  • Help

Topic: action(ish) cue

Share/Bookmark

action(ish) cue

Here is a quick cue I knocked up….

http://www.northernsounds.net/useruploads/img3e75abecac869.mp3

Please forgive the slight timing error’s that occur (albeit slight), I am doing everything on one machine and I often find that playback can be affected during capture to wav. (frustrating!)

Comments welcome.

Re: action(ish) cue

James,

I don\'t care for the flute fx at 1:03 (and elsewhere). Especially the first one sounds kind of like the sound that Microsoft Outlook plays when mail is received. It just doesn\'t sound very musical. I like everything else.

-- Martin

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Always put in your flagstone and evergreens before your annuals and perennials.

Hi James,

Very nice expressive strings and overall quality. Like others, couldn\'t quite warm up to the flute in the context of this piece, but liked the sample. Which libary is the flute from?

Thanks

I would tone down the flute FX.. I think you\'re overusing it. Maybe just once in this entire clip would be good enough.

Other than that, sounds good! Post it again when you\'ve worked on it more.

Originally posted by Joanne Babunovic:
    Hi James,

Very nice expressive strings and overall quality. Like others, couldn\'t quite warm up to the flute in the context of this piece, but liked the sample. Which libary is the flute from?

Thanks
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks guys (& gal [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

The flute is actually from the Tobias\'s G-town project \"overblown flute\" so it\'s a free sample you can download from there (or it may be the project sam flute FX, which is also a free download...cannot remember which one)... I did perhaps go overboard with it, lol... it\'s quite a rare occurance for me to get new sounds to work with (being skint), so I guess I got carried away. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Nice cue James. Yea, just leave 1-2 of the overblown flutes in and you have a nice cue. I remember when TOB posted these I was using it on everything. I would still leave it in - just minimize a tad. Again, very good cue. Do you have VOTA (or SOV Boy\'s choir). If so one \'cluster\' chord fade-in would be great at :16 or :40 (tuck it real far back though). Good luck.

Rob

I liked it alot, James, nice work. I was especially happy with the placement and warmth of each sound. I was just killing a few minutes playing Diablo II (the new expansion finally got me) and the sound design put me in a similiar mindset, which I quite like. Diablo music was always good, but the expansion tracks are truly things of beauty imo. Anyway, thanks for posting this [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

mike

Thanks,

Unfortunatly I don\'t have any choir patches (there are a couple of home made ones, but they aren\'t very usable [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ).

Originally posted by Sharmy:
    James,

I liked this piece a lot. As a pure piece of music i agree there is too much of the flute fx, but if this is supposed to background music to something with picture, the flute may be appropriate. Often sounds like this will be a signature to either a character or situation. I find this piece to be more a dramatic piece than an action one.

</font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\"> Always put in your flagstone and evergreens before your annuals and perennials.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Bruce, do you give gardening advice too? very impressive. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ooops, sorry sharmy I missed your post until now [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Yes, this piece is for a short animation \'trailer\' that I done in my spare time.

The flute fx has now been purged and only a few remnants remain [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Your\'re correct tho, it is more drama than action.

Thanks,

Go Back to forum