• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 16 sec of Matrix (VSL,SAM,LOP)

Share/Bookmark

16 sec of Matrix (VSL,SAM,LOP)

Hello...

I did a little Don Davis tribute track/motif..

Originaly I started working on my own track, but as many times before I strayed in to Davis-land and ended up with this variation on The Matrix.
    Whish I could work on anything matrix related..heh..

Anyways, I think it\'s interesting listen. I used VSL perf, SAM, LOP and GOS...on one PC running Sonar and Giga160..

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000120306_000011401.mp3

Tell me what you think..

ALex

Re: 16 sec of Matrix (VSL,SAM,LOP)

This sounds really really good! May I ask which VSL violin patches you used? Just regular legato f ones, or did you use spiccato-performance or other \"non-standard\" performances? Well done, brass sounds awesome too!

That was pretty good man!!VSL Perf.set rapid fire strings in the background right? I liked it..Rich

Originally posted by Simon Ravn:
    This sounds really really good! May I ask which VSL violin patches you used? Just regular legato f ones, or did you use spiccato-performance or other \"non-standard\" performances? Well done, brass sounds awesome too!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Violines are combination of couple of scale runs and stacatos.

Oh and the trumpets in the end are DDBE.

Alex

Hey, great minds think alike: I\'ve been working on a :30 \"in the style of\" cue just today! Mine is quite different - l didn\'t listen to The Matrix and immediately write, I just wrote an orchestral/techno cue with the same vibe. It needs mixing, and then maybe I\'ll post it.

I have the VSL Pro edition and I found that the fast repetition legato patch is fine for very fast strings runs.

That sounds great! The strings are especially stunning. I need to get VSL Performance soon!!

Since we\'re on the subject of \"Matrix\" demos/compositions etc, I thought I\'d share something I wrote about a year and a half ago. I wrote a Matrix demo to try to get the Enter the Matrix gig (before Don Davis had definitely agreed to do it). Please bare in mind that I did this before SI Strings, SAM Horns etc. were available. Most of this is AO and Miraslav, and various custom samples.

http://www.christilton.com/temp/Matrix_Orchestral_Demo.mp3

Good Work Lex and Valtux too.

Vault, that sounded just great! Impressive! Seems to me you don\'t need another library, although, I must say, you\'re officially attempting to hijack this thread. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

------------
    Alex Cremers

Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    Vault, that sounded just great! Impressive! Seems to me you don\'t need another library, although, I must say, you\'re officially attempting to hijack this thread. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

------------
    Alex Cremers
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It wasn\'t my intention to hi-jack this thread though. So, I say everyone should post any and all of their Matrix-like compositions [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I really like the sound that Lex got with all the VSL string noodlings. I\'m really interested in the process to get them to sound like that. So I must ask, is there anything special you need to do? Or did you just play them in, etc.?

Go Back to forum