• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best price on GigaStudio 160.....

Share/Bookmark

Best price on GigaStudio 160.....

Hey, I know that this is slightly \"off topic\"... sorry. I have a keyboard player/friend who wants to start using Giga. I suggested that she go ahead and get the \"full\" version of GigaStudio 160... I told her it was FANTASTIC and she would NOT be disappointed. Then, searching the internet, she was kinda surprised at the cost... (she looked it up on Tascam\'s website) I explained that there are MUCH better prices out there on GigaStudio 160 and she would not have to pay \"that much\" for it. So, here\'s my question for ya\'ll, please... where\'s the best place and lowest price dealer on GigaStudio 160. Maybe ya\'ll will be able to help a prospective \"new Giga user\" get started on the right track. Thanks for your help, Gary [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Best price on GigaStudio 160.....

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Oh, just a followup- I\'m NOT asking to have any prices posted! I don\'t want to get into trouble, there. Just wanted to clear that up.... Thanks again for the help, Gary

Just search on \"Gigastudio price\" or similar phrase from yahoo or google, you\'ll end up at one of the online music stores, then take that price to your local guitar center or Brook Mays Pro Shop and tell them to match or beat the price. If they already have it in stock they\'ll more than likely love to beat the price in order to move an expensive item. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think that you will see most people are selling it at the same price. When I bought my copy the sales person at house of samples said it was because of a minimum advertised price. I haggled with him and he ended up giving me a pretty good deal on it.

Dude, sometimes it MAY be cheaper if you buy a lower version of GigaStudio that comes bundled with a soundcard (you do need a GSIF soundcard anyhow) and then upgrade to GigaStudio160...

I bought the EgoSys GigaStation soundcard that came with GigaStudio96 for a LOWER cost then what I would have paid for if I bought GigaStudio96 on its own... I can upgrade for the same price to GigaStudio160 but now I have a fully working 8 output GSIF soundcard and 2 midi I/O ports... What\'s more, it came bundled with Gigapiano, Conexant GM500 and something else which I can\'t remember now...

Also, if you buy the full GOS you will get GigaStudio160 at a lesser price (not sure if its still on but I thought I saw this ad before)... I think to buy GigaStudio160 outright on its own could be a little costly... Only thing with buying bundled with other stuff (at least for my GigaStation case anyway) is that GigaStudio comes on a CD and no manual (I presume there\'s a manual?). But the program is simplicity in itself or you can also buy Dave Govett\'s CD anyway...

meeehoon

Go Back to forum