• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Coming Soon...GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA

Share/Bookmark

Coming Soon...GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA

We are pleased to announce a new orchestral package - Garritan Personal Orchestra. It is a complete orchestral library, sketchpad and toolkit.

Personal Orchestra ships with its own sample player, Native Instruments\' Kontakt Player. Personal Orchestra will run on a Windows or Mac OS system, either as a standalone application or a plug-in (VST, DXi, RTAS, and Audio Units) to your favorite sequencer (Cubase, Logic, Digital Performer 4.1, Nuendo, Sonar, ProTools, etc.). Moreover, Personal Orchestra instruments will load into Kontakt, Native Instruments\' flagship sampler. The package will also include GenieSoft\'s Overture SE notation program and Ambience Reverb. All this for just $249.

Personal Orchestra contains samples of all the major instruments in a symphony orchestra-strings, brass, woodwinds, and percussion. It also includes a Steinway® concert grand piano, Stradivarius and Gagliano violins, Wurlitzer and Venus concert harps, Haynes flute, Heckel bassoons, a harpsichord, a celeste, a Rudolf von Beckerath concert pipe organ, and many other high-quality instruments.

A major feature of Personal Orchestra is its flexible instrument design. You\'ll be able to construct ensembles and sections of various sizes from specially programmed solo instruments. Instead of limiting you to a predetermined section of instruments, Personal Orchestra provides multiple solo instruments of the same type so you can create sections appropriate for the musical context. If your music calls for three trumpets playing in unison, layer three unique solo trumpet patches to create a powerful trumpet section. If you need five French horns playing separate parts, assign five unique solo French horn patches to their own track to produce a rich sounding choir. The options will seem limitless.

In the initial release of Personal Orchestra, all of the instrument sections, except for the strings, are built from individual instruments. However, you can even build smaller, more intimate string sections and ensembles from a solo stringed instruments. We have sampled numerous individual stringed instruments and expect to offer a complete string orchestra in the future, so you can build entire string sections one instrument at a time.

The primary design goal of Personal Orchestra was ease of use. We wanted a library that would allow you to create realistic sounding orchestral music quickly and easily, right \"out of the box.\" No long and confusing lists of articulations, no complicated set of controls, and no steep learning curve. Just load an instrument and play. And it\'s compact enough to run on a laptop computer.

The controls in Personal Orchestra are streamlined and standardized, so you can become familiar with the library quickly. This optimized system allows you to master all the instruments with relative ease and confidence. Advanced functions, such as alternating bow strokes and automatic variability, help you produce convincing sounding performances with minimal effort.

We designed Personal Orchestra library to grow as your needs grow. More solo instruments, articulations, features, legato and interval tools, and enhancements will become available, so your initial investment is protected as technology progresses.

The entire orchestra can be loaded on a single PC or laptop and is designed to run completely in RAM. Imagine doing orchestrations on the beach, on a plane or anywhere else you can take your laptop. Whether you\'re a professional composer who needs to produce orchestral mockups at a moment\'s notice, a hobbyist who wants to create great sounding orchestral music, or a beginning student of orchestration, Personal Orchestra will serve you well. This is an \"orchestra for every musician.\"

We are now taking pre-orders. Personal Orchestra will be available from my web site www.garritan.com and various distributors. Please note that the above is subject to change We will post demos in the weeks ahead.

Gary Garritan

Re: Coming Soon...GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA

Congratulations Gary and good luck with your new product.

Just one question, will there be any demos?

Regards, Scott.

The prices of your libraries are great comparing to VSL and EWQLSO!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Oops, I missed the final line;

We will post demos in the weeks ahead.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

andyt

I\'ve just read on Gary\'s site the list of instruments included. Unbelievably comprehensive.

I am totally shocked by what you will get for the price. $249.00!! Finally, an Orchestra I can afford. Something to replace the Orch sounds coming from JV/KV boxes. woo-hoo!

Man Gary, that\'s such a fantastic price for such a useful piece of gear. A lot of people are going to owe you thanks.

\"I am totally shocked by what you will get for the price. $249.00!!\"

I too, was majorly surprised at what\'s included for this price, and remain so. This was a fairly standard comment amongst the beta testers, and of course our remark also embraced the programmed capabilities and the sound itself. We finally gave up arguing with Gary. If memory serves, this is about what I paid for my JV-1080 orchestral card. GPO costs less than I paid for my Miroslav mini, etc. ...... I\'ve already spent over twice this amount in failed attempts to get a decent sounding sampled piano (which I now have, finally, thanks to Michiel Post .. :-)

GPO may have the modest RAM footprint and ease of use of a sketchpad, but that\'s where the comparison should end. Personal Orchestra is capable of far, far more - that\'s part of the genius of this library, in my opinion.

The forthcoming demos will bring this from the realm of unsubstantiated \'hot air\' to reality, one way or the other. Hopefully they won\'t be too far off ...

Trond

looking forward to those demos [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I can´t wait to hear the demos!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast