• Register
  • Help

Topic: where is SAM Solo Horn Demo?

where is SAM Solo Horn Demo?

I just finished the TOD game main theme (militaristic ut2k3 mod project), which you can hear here, with a typical intro with the theme carried by the SAM solo horn (far) with the SI orchestral snare.
    I converted the Solo Horn .gig to .sf2 (my EWX24/96 soundcard doesn\'t run GSIF and directsound at the same time, so i can\'t use GS with Sonar and i stick to sf2\'s) which involves losing the crossfading and i wanted to listen again to the demo in the SAM site in order to check if i had lost too much expressivity.

But the link doesn\'t work. I thought Marteen or someone should know about this

by the way, comments in the little piece, mainly in the solo horn part expresivity would be nice, thx [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: where is SAM Solo Horn Demo?

The SAM Solo Horn doesn\'t use any crossfade programs, as (in short) it\'s much less convincing crossfading solo layers than with section layers. So you haven\'t lost anything in your conversions.

The Solo Horn demo on our site is now working again. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Best regards,

Project SAM

SI orchestral snare?

well, even though i mainly use gtown for the percussion (thx tob [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ), i can\'t avoid using the snare included in the SI orchestral percussion which i got some time ago (it was only 30$ [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] ). In spite of the small price and small size the instruments are really well sampled. The snare is just 3.2 mb, but i love it!http://www.sonicimplants.com/Products/orchestralpercussion.htm

Go Back to forum