• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: First orchestral piece

First orchestral piece

Hi all!
    I know this is far from perfect, especially the mix - any comments are very welcome (especially on the mix)! It\'s my first orchestral try. As you may guess, I thought of thunder and storm... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/vms/Blitz%20und%20Donner%20%20c%20Markus%20Schmidt%202 003.mp3

Thanks for listening!

Re: First orchestral piece

Very Good,
    I like Specially the (Solo Violin Sound), What´s that guy?, Orchestration remembers me a bit of Tchaikovsky, or Vivaldi.
    Cool, Keep posting.

Ah, and Markus, thanks for explain that [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] France is in Europe, jejejejee...................

Spain is ther too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hi Markus,

one tip: use the basses for the storm!

Anyway, I got the feeling that the orchestra were in hurry because in some places it sounded like they were accel. in quite strange places like for example 0:20 (I would like to hear it either in same tempo or very small tenuto).
    Why not building more tension in the modulation in 0:26 - 0:39? I would put tremolo in the cellos instead of pizz.

Hope this helps - I think you have the same problem with mixing as I do, I never seem to get that powerful sound out of my orchestra in the mix.

Hi D; Montesinos,
    thank you very much for your kind words! Phew, feels good!
    I forgot to write:
    Strings are xsample solo strings / woodwinds xsample, too. Brass (french horns / trb) is SAM, and percussion LOP.
    And yes, there are still some people who believe France is in South Africa, so I think it\'s one of the main purposes of my live to fight this ignorence [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

Hi Falcon1,
    you are right about the rythm, I never quantisize, so there are some fluctuations in tempo that shouldn\'t be there... not really at 0.20 I think, but at some other places. I have to be more careful with very fast runs.
    To create a great crescendo tense at 0.26 - 0.39 was my first idea, too, but then I prefered to have a B part very calm, like the wind in the leaves and gentle rain. Then (dramatically) the thunder comes back! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    And yes, we probablt have the same problem with mixes... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Thanks for listening!

Markus, blame it on my teachers gene! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Of course you may have a small amount of artistic freedom. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Could you add some sunshine? Hehehehe... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

next time you\'ll post something you\'ll hear me - I\'m (unfortunatly) a teacher, too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ! Vengence is mine! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hehehehe... Markus - Looking forward to hear what you have to say about my works. Hopefully I\'ll post some in next month. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I Will do it Too.. JEJE..........
    [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Hi Markus,

ok, if you want to have the B part very calm then I would suggest either take out the harp or slow the arpeggios in the harp down - the harp is ruining the calm feeling. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I would also slow the modulation down, it\'s rather quick for your calm purpose (IMO). [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hmmm... I thought France where in Asia - oh well. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, I know this very well - some people in the US, for example, think that we (Icelanders)live in houses made of snow. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum