• Register
  • Help

Topic: Deep Bass Library -- any suggestions?

Share/Bookmark

Deep Bass Library -- any suggestions?

I\'m looking for a library that would work to provide an underpinning for a _very_ free form piece of music... lots of unrelated sound samples piled on top of each other. What I need is deep bass sounds (synth or electric bass + synth subharmonics) which could be in the form of individual sounds or even pre-produced loops including drums. Any ideas?
    Gabriel

Re: Deep Bass Library -- any suggestions?

You should check out Trilogy from Spectrasonics (spectrasonics.net). Its a virtual intrument devoted exclusively to all things bass, developed by sonic genius, Eric Persing.
    Hardcore bass from (another sonic genius) Nick Pheonix\'s Quantum Leap/East West series is coming out soon. The demos sound great and cover some ground that others don\'t.

Best,

John Z.

Drone archeology is your answer.... or atleast part of it.

but I\'m in no way an authority on the subject so please ask Ernest Cholokis himself

If you need bass drones, Atmosphere might be a better choice than Trilogy. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

/Tobias

I vote for Drone Archeology too...nothing rips my speakers as sounds on that CD do.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alex

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Trilogy would seem to be the best choice for my needs. I don\'t want all the blips and beeps ... just Bass... maybe some drums.

The problem is that Trilogy is a plug-in, and I don\'t have any of the \"hosts\", with the exception of an older version of Fruity Loops. How does this plug-in thing work? Where do the sequences come from? Is Trilogy essentially a sample player that responds to sequences from its host?

Does anyone know if Stylus incorporates Bass samples as well as percussion? I believe it would fit the bill for quickly producing the bass patterns I need.
    Gabriel

You can get some pretty wicked bass sounds from Reason, but I wouldn\'t buy it just for that purpose.

You also might want to look in at a used or new JV1010 from Roland. Sure it\'s an external hardware sound module but it has a vast collection of bass sounds, synth and elec.

Originally posted by gabriels:
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Trilogy would seem to be the best choice for my needs. I don\'t want all the blips and beeps ... just Bass... maybe some drums.

The problem is that Trilogy is a plug-in, and I don\'t have any of the \"hosts\", with the exception of an older version of Fruity Loops. How does this plug-in thing work? Where do the sequences come from? Is Trilogy essentially a sample player that responds to sequences from its host?

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Trilogy will work as a plug-in with Fruity Loops or any VST host. Sounds just a little better than a JV-1010 too ;-)

spectrum

Go Back to forum