• Register
  • Help

Topic: KVR Developer Contest Winner(Soundware)

Share/Bookmark

KVR Developer Contest Winner(Soundware)

I stumbled upon this site Total Composer.com which has a few samples for sale and a few free downloadable samples among other things. The developer has just won the soundware division of the KVR contest with his entry of a complete orchestral library. The library is free but it requires the full version of Kontakt. You can use it with the Kontakt player but it has a fifteen minute time limit. Good enough for a peak.

They are all from public domain samples that he has added features to such as graphics and key switching. They aren't SFZ files which he said wouldn't have given him a full orchestral set so they won't import into Aria.

If your curious you might check it out. The guy won a pittance from the contest but maybe some recognition.

Phil

Re: KVR Developer Contest Winner(Soundware)

That would be the free "Total CompoSURE" Library you're talking about, I think. As I recall, the programmer put together the public domain samples available in the Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra? Here's the link:

TOTAL COMPOSURE

And here's the link to the SFZ download of Sonatina:

Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra

--I couldn't find info just now, but that may be what TC was derived from?

Randy

Thanks Randy!

Well, I was close.

I can't find any info either about where exactly the samples came from besides:

Although we have put a lot of work into this product it is important to remember that at its core are the samples provided free of charge by a small number of people. Total Composure has gathered these samples from various locations and brought them all to one place where they can be used together.
    Maybe they came from the same sources that the SSO samples came from or some of them.

Phil

I see that Plogue has released a free SFZ 2.0 compliant player. Now people can more easily test the waters of sample based composing and arranging with free SFZ libraries such as the free Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra and other free or inexpensive SFZ libraries and instruments.

PLOGUE

Phil

Go Back to forum