• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga Studio and Cakewalk 9.0 Question

Share/Bookmark

Giga Studio and Cakewalk 9.0 Question

When I open Cakewalk from the desktop it works fine ,but if I open cakewalk from with in Giga Studio and choose a source to record ,under the drop down list it only display\'s the midi ports ,not the sound card oudio inputs and outputs.Just wonder if anyone has experianced this? thanks , Ken

Re: Giga Studio and Cakewalk 9.0 Question

It doesn\'t work for me either, Ken,

The symtom is different than your.
    When I launch the cakewalk where is the setting path in Giga (SEQ button), it gives me the beautiful slow motions except the audio works fine. I\'ve posted in the forum many times, everyone has advised me to check it all the way down to the low level setup, It tooks me about two monthes to figure out that all I need to launch the Cakewalk in the Desktop (changed click button) and it works. I think the problem is hiding somewhere but I\'m tired after I knew a stupid workaround like this work for me! I\'m lucky, haven\'t changed any hardwares in the system yet! so anyone can explain what is a problem? Nemysy should looks into this problem, if the link path setup in the Giga program is un-consistantly works why not remove it from GUI windows or just simply let us know the SEQ button can not be used.
    Just a reference!
    Don\'t get me wrong! someone might has something to say here?
    Just a reference!
    LHong

Hey Guys

Just want to let you know that when I open Cakewalk from the Gigastudio sequencer I do get all my Audio Options and It shows my left right and stereo outs/ins.

Let me know what version of Gigasampler you are using.

DAFRICA

Hi
    I am using Giga studio 2.0 and cakewalk 9.0

I experience the same problem, not just with using the SEQ button from within Gigastudio, but anytime I load Cakewalk after loading Gigastudio (even from the desktop). However, if I load Cakewalk before Gigastudio, all the sound card inputs and outputs are accessible. Not sure why this is. Could be a sound card issue, but that\'s just a guess. Hope this helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian:
    I experience the same problem, not just with using the SEQ button from within Gigastudio, but anytime I load Cakewalk after loading Gigastudio (even from the desktop). However, if I load Cakewalk before Gigastudio, all the sound card inputs and outputs are accessible. Not sure why this is. Could be a sound card issue, but that\'s just a guess. Hope this helps.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear Brian and Kenn 159

I want to try and help you with the set up of Gigastudio with cakewalk.

I have repeated to you previously that I can see all my Audio in and outputs in Cakewalk when I route it as my sequencer through Ggastudio

I think I have the solution to your problem.

Remember that I have a different sound card with 6 multiple drivers, but the basic set up principles are the same.

1.)First of all you need a mult/duplex soundcard.I set my drivers 1 and 2 for my audio outputs under settings in Gigastudio.

2.) (I think your problem lies here)In Cakewalk go to OPTIONS. Now select AUDIO.

You will see all the settings for your Audio. You can see that there are 2 open fields for your Playback and Record Timing master.

If your field says None next to it then you will not get anything showing in your Track Properties/ports list. You have to select your drivers. In this case my playback and record timing maser is set to Driver 3 and 4 because my soundcard supports it.

If you have selected your drivers it should replace the field where none next to the playback and recording timing master occurs.

Now go to your source and outputs in your Track Propeties and see if your soundcard appears. If it does then thats your problem. The setting of your drivers. Save these settings in Cakewalk.

Try opening Cakewalk through the Gigastudio Sequence Launcher. Go into Options/Audio in Cakewalk and make sure that your Drivers are still selected. If they show your drivers then youre in luck beacuse from now on you should see all your Audio in and outs in your Source coloumn.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

My Email is cdafrica@juno.com

I hink we need to get each others e-mails so that we can help each other out.

Dafrica

[This message has been edited by dafrica (edited 07-20-2000).]

Thanks everyone for your input but I fixed the problem .
    The problem was I could see the sound cards listed under source when Cakewalk ran by itself but not when I accessed Cakewalk through Giga studio.
    Well the fix for the problem was ...I went to the device manager and clicked on sound video and game controllers and clicked on the Darla driver and put a check in the box that say\'s multiclient.
    I guess the problem was without the multiclient capability[because the box wasn\'t checked] Giga studio was using the darla , so that\'s why cakewalk couldn\'t see it.

Brian: Did you solve your problem? If you did please tell me how.
    I have excactly the same problem as you
    Regards Mogens
    E-Mail: datalenz@mobilixnet.dk
    [Quote]I experience the same problem, not just with using the SEQ button from within Gigastudio, but anytime I load Cakewalk after loading Gigastudio (even from the desktop). However, if I load Cakewalk before Gigastudio, all the sound card inputs and outputs are accessible. Not sure why this is. Could be a sound card issue, but that\'s just a guess. Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by mole (edited 07-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by mole (edited 07-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by mole (edited 07-24-2000).]

Ken,
    I\'ve been on the forum for almost 30 minutes .... yeah, I\'m new at this GS stuff .... and you\'ve answered the big problem I was having .... checking the multi-client box for (in my case) Gina.

Thank you.

BTW, I\'m running GS with CW 9.03 and a Gina with barely enough disk space (way under recommendations). I didn\'t expect it to work at all ... and with Ken\'s help, it\'s working beautifully. I\'m sure I\'ll hit some limits, probably soon, but so far so good.

Mike

[This message has been edited by mike.short (edited 08-04-2000).]

No Prob Mike.
    And as Nemesys say\'s , happy recording!

Go Back to forum