• Register
  • Help

Topic: Winter Solstice Concert - Cleveland

Share/Bookmark

Winter Solstice Concert - Cleveland

Just a point of information for any of you that might live in the Cleveland area. I am having a piece performed by the Almeda Trio. Here's the info:

A Winter Solstice Celebration Concert Series

Friday, December 21, 2012 at 7 pm - SOLD OUT
    Friday, December 21, 2012 at 8 pm
    Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 4 pm

Experience a musical performance with a stunning view in one of the most distinctive concerts in the region! The Cleveland Museum of Natural History's Shafran Planetarium is once again celebrating the Winter Solstice with the Almeda Trio.
    Music and science will blend under incredible starscapes of the planetarium's Leonard Krieger Visual Effects System. The music program will include classics of Vivaldi, Bach and Debussy, jazz tunes of Dave Brubeck and Claude Bolling, and contemporary new works by Aaron Jay Kernis and Cleveland composer W.F. Rayer.
    The eclectic musical mix will be performed by Almeda Trio, ensemble-in-residence at The Cleveland Music School Settlement in Cleveland. Members are: Cara Tweed, violin; Ida Mercer, cello; Robert Cassidy, piano.

Best Regards,
    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Winter Solstice Concert - Cleveland

That's great news Bill. I checked them out at YouTube. I wish I could go but it's a long drive from Shelton, WA.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    That's great news Bill. I checked them out at YouTube. I wish I could go but it's a long drive from Shelton, WA.
    Phil
    Yes, I had submitted a work to them back in September, and I knew they selected it, but didn't know when until today. I'll send my chauffeur to you to bring you to the concert - now if I only had a chauffeur!

They are an amazing Trio. They are all faculty of the Cleveland Music School Settlement.

Best Regards and Happy Holidays,
    Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Thanks Randy, I'll post an mp3 of the Garritan version in the Listening Room. The piece is called: De Temporum Ratione (The Reckoning of Time.)

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum