• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: De Temporum Rationale

De Temporum Rationale

The Reckoning of Time: De Temporum Ratione

This is an mp3 of the Garritan Library Sounds for the piece that will be performed this weekend at a Winter Solstice Concert in the Cleveland Natural Histories Planetarium. This is for anyone that was curious about the thread that I posted in the General Discusion about the Almeda Trio playing a piece by myself this weekend.

Last edited by wrayer; 12-19-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: wrong mp3 - replaced
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: De Temporum Rationale

Hi Bill,

Impressive, minimalistic and yet very expressive. Very functional syncopes in piano and pizz. Nice overall sound as well.

Another piece to remember! Well done.

Thanks again, Max. The players love the piece. You don't need a lot of notes to make music.

Best regards,

Challenge #10 Winner

I do remember hearing this earlier this fall when you sent me an mp3 while you were working on it. Congratulations on getting this performed by the excellent faculty members at CIM.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

I found out that the violinist had her first baby last week and she is being substituted by her husband who is a concert cellist. So the piece is being performed in it's original state for two celli and piano. I wish I could go, but too much is happening this weekend.

Challenge #10 Winner

Nice work, Bill. I found this fresh and energetic. The section from about 2:00 to 3:00 is a nice contrast. Will there be a recording of the performance? Love to hear it!

Arthur J. Michaels

Finale 2000 through 2014.5 (currently using 2014.5)
    Garritan COMB2, GPO4, GPO5, Audacity 2.1.2
    Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home Premium x64
    Dell 2408 WFP, 1920x1200
    M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
    M-Audio AV-40 monitors

Hi Art,

Thanks for the kind note. Yes, there will be a recording, not professional (a zoom recorder) but if I get a copy, I will surely post.

Best Regards,

Challenge #10 Winner

Really nice, Bill - I love the the strong but controlled energy in this minimalist piece. It's an excellent choice for a Winter Solstice concert - I'm betting the audience enjoyed the little journey the musicians took them on via your music. Thanks much for the posting.

Really enjoied it!
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Fabio and Randy, Thanks for the listen. I don't know how it went over at the Planetariums 3 shows because they were sold out and my comp ticket wasn't usable They added a fourth hoping I would come, but I already was involved in another performance. I do know that the players love the piece - that's a step in the right direction.

Thanks for listening,

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast