• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: cubase sx 2 is out

Share/Bookmark

cubase sx 2 is out

Much to my surprise I found Cubase sx 2 laying at my front door this afternoon. I had forgotten how much of a pain in the a#& the dongle is. Anyway, I thought some of you would like to know that it shipped.

Gary

Re: cubase sx 2 is out

Wow, thanks!

Now if you would be kind enough to try and let us know if it\'s buggy..? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hee hee...it\'s not a matter of \"if\", but a matter of \"how\" buggy it is. Steinberg usually takes for or five revisions to work out the kinks. Anyone know if they finally have video with audio import ability? That\'s always been a major drag with Cubase.
    -Hudson

Originally posted by P de Caumette:
    Now if you would be kind enough to try and let us know if it\'s buggy..? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [/QB]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Originally posted by Hudson:
    Hee hee...it\'s not a matter of \"if\", but a matter of \"how\" buggy it is. Steinberg usually takes for or five revisions to work out the kinks. Anyone know if they finally have video with audio import ability? That\'s always been a major drag with Cubase.
    -Hudson
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Video with audio import is available in Nuendo (it sometimes works), for some reason Steinberg seem to see this as a \'Post\' feature?
    I doubt you\'ll see it in Cubase any time soon.

Brian

Ya might wanna check out the cubase.net forum to see the action.Some people claim they will never go back to SX1 and others are in disbelief on how many bugs.I think alot depends on your hardware,CPU.How u use it..Etc. Ive heard first hand that its really quite stable and am looking forward to checking out the new features. Rich

Ya might wanna check out the cubase.net forum to see the action.Some people claim they will never go back to SX1 and others are in disbelief on how many bugs.I think alot depends on your hardware,CPU.How u use it..Etc. Ive heard first hand that its really quite stable and am looking forward to checking out the new features. Rich

Every major piece of softare has some inexplicable class A brain-fart of unequaled magnitude like that...Cubase has no audio with video, Adobe Premiere can\'t burn a simple SMPTE timecode window onto a clip screen, Photoshop doesn\'t have an X-Ray filter so you can look through women\'s clothing...when are these people gonna get a clue?
    -Hudson

Originally posted by B:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Video with audio import is available in Nuendo (it sometimes works), for some reason Steinberg seem to see this as a \'Post\' feature?
    I doubt you\'ll see it in Cubase any time soon.

Brian [/QB][/QUOTE]

I\'ve been using SX 2 for about 4 or 5 days now and so far it has been great.

The audio routing is now different and some of my old projects have had some problems with channels peaking in the sound card and actually causing feedback! It appears that sometimes the one of the card output busses is routed into an input buss and causing a loop. Not completely sure on that one. Other than that SX 2 is really slick and has a much better workflow.

Also, SX 2 has been written from the exact same code base as Nuendo 2 so we may actually hit the ground running with this one.

As for the audio/video feature, I havent tried it yet but I was sure you could import video with audio now. I have noticed in the file menu a command called \"extract audio from video\" too.

Many of the old Cubase VST features are back, each track now has a notepad which I already rely on, there\'s Timewarp, Freeze, global mute/solo in the project window, etc....

So far I \'m very happy with it and wouldn\'t go back to SX 1.

Hudson, I just tried importing a AVI file and the audio and video imported fine.

Gary

Alright!!I can`t wait to try it now....RIch

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast